Experts of Interlegal prepared a legal opinion upon law regulation of international transportation and forwarding activities in Georgia.
A large international logistic company applied to Interlegal for a legal opinion upon law regulation of international transportation and forwarding activities in Georgia. In particular, the client was interested in the issues of law application and limitation of parties’ liability in cases when the participants of cargo transportation are residents of different countries.
Having determined the client’s points of interest, due to information support of the Interlegal Georgia, we prepared a concise legal opinion upon law regulation of international transportations from Georgia to Armenia and forwarding activities with residents of Georgia, Russia and Armenia involved.
In particular, we touched the following issues in legal opinion:
- The law governing the forwarding agreement if one of its Parties is a non-resident of Georgia.
- Application of the English law in the forwarding agreement.
- Jurisdiction of disputes arising from the forwarding agreements.
- International Conventions on automobile, railway and air cargo transportation.
- Limitation of the carrier’s and forwarder’s liability according to the law of Georgia.
Alexander Chebotarenko, the senior lawyer, and Danil Hristich, the lawyer, worked upon the case.