Will we face more difficulties in contract performance?
As expected, global quarantine due to COVID-19 pandemics essentially affected shipping and international trade in Black Sea Region.
For the last week, three clients applied to Interlegal:
1. Ukrainian large oilseed trader filed a request for consulting on the following: options for contract termination due to soybean oil market price reduction. Interlegal lawyers analyzed contractual documentation and correspondence and granted recommendations concerning options and risks for contract termination.
2. Charterers under trade contract filed a request for consulting on the following: actions to be taken in case of impossibility to deliver cargo to the destination port due to restrictions at the discharging port. Interlegal English Law experts analyzed provisions of Gencon-94 Proforma applied by the Client and provided consulting upon demurrage payment in this certain case.
3. Third case covered artificial bureaucratic obstacles imposed by the State Sanitary and Epidemiological Service in order to replace crew of the vessel staying at the Ukrainian sea port roadstead. Both agent and shipowner faced sanitary officers’ misunderstanding of crew replacement procedure and the fact of artificial tightening quarantine measures. Prompt actions of Interlegal lawyers Vitalii Tolstik and Dmitri Ochkolias eliminated bureaucratic obstacles and facilitated crew replacement.
- Interlegal lawyers consulted the client upon applying the instrument of agrarian receipts2020.05.20
The Client – large foreign investment fund filed a request to Interlegal regarding mechanisms upon securing fulfillment of the Debtor’s obli...show more
- Interlegal drafted new combined service agreement on cargo handling2020.05.18
The Client – large Ukrainian sea port operator engaged, in particular, in rendering services of export & import operations, as well as l...show more
- CFC or not CFC: that is the question2020.05.15
The Client applied to Interlegal for legal advice upon legal effects due to entry into force of the draft law No. 1210 “On amendme...show more
- Interlegal lawyers won GAFTA arbitration case in the amount of 200,000 USD2020.05.13
Interlegal succeeded in GAFTA arbitration settlement of the dispute, due to the Buyer’s failure to pay for wheat flour supplied on CFR terms...show more
- Interlegal lawyers consulted the Client and the Bank regarding application of thin capitalization rules2020.05.08
The client filed a request to Interlegal concerning bank issues. A foreign bank maintaining the Client’s corporate account demanded for expl...show more
- Unified social tax late payment: legal effects2020.04.21
The Client applied to Interlegal upon unified social tax erroneous remittance to the account of State Tax Inspection (STI) in the correspond...show more
- Business making under Ukrainian business environment2020.04.09
A foreign client applied to Interlegal for making business in Ukraine. Its request covered the following services: registration of the Ukrai...show more
- Changing the flag for the pleasure yacht2020.04.07
The client applied to Interlegal on changing the flag for the pleasure sailing yacht 30 meters long. The need to change the flag was caus...show more
- Interlegal lawyers charged losses due to vessel non-delivery for loading2020.04.07
Charterer under Voyage Charter Party applied to Interlegal on damage recovery from the Shipowner due to vessel non-delivery for loading....show more
- Reorganization of the foreign company’s representative office2020.04.01
A foreign Client – owner of the group of companies engaged in supply of grains and oilseeds in Black Sea Region – applied to Interlegal. In...show more