Work flow chart upon declaration of dividends
The Client applied to Interlegal upon tax issue. As the Ukrainian citizen and resident, the Client received dividends from the foreign company and desired to declare his income in compliance with the law.
Before adoption of so-called Law 1210, the foreign company owner (unless (s)he was a public officer) was not obliged to declare the fact of such ownership at the Ukrainian tax authorities. However such obligation occurred in case of receiving foreign income (dividends) to the account opened either in Ukraine or abroad.
Interlegal lawyers provided for the Client a work flow chart, i.e. explained the procedure for declaration of received dividends, jointly with tax payment procedure.
Following changes to legislation, tax declaration got a new sense for the foreign business owners. Starting from 2022, the Ukrainian residents shall submit to tax authorities, apart from the tax declaration of natural person, the report on controlled foreign companies.
- Ship arrest preserved: the Debtor paid due amount2020.08.05
On March 24, 2020, we wrote that Interlegal lawyers arrested the vessel flying under foreign flag, in Kherson Sea Port water area, followed...show more
- Maritime claim as grounds for amicable settlement2020.08.04
The Client – large Ukrainian stevedoring company applied to Interlegal for reimbursement of damages caused by the vessel in the process of c...show more
- Interlegal expands its presence in the annual research Ukrainian Law Firms2020.07.29
Interlegal law firm expands its presence in the annual research Ukrainian Law Firms 2020. A Handbook for Foreign Clients. Apart...show more
- Interlegal team helped the Charterer to charge losses upon cargo shortage2020.07.29
The Charterer applied to Interlegal upon the trade contract, based on cargo shortage at the discharge port and the Buyer’s failure to pay co...show more
- Interlegal lawyers arrested the vessel in Turkey for debt recovery2020.07.23
This February, we wrote that Interlegal won LMAA arbitration case amounting to 460 thousand USD. In addition, our law team facilitated issui...show more
- Interlegal lawyers succeeded in legal support of recognizing arbitration award in Ukraine2020.07.21
Interlegal lawyers defended interests of the foreign food manufacturer in Ukraine and supported recognition of ICAC at the UCCI award, previ...show more
- VAT recovery: what should we do in case of tax service rejection?2020.07.01
The Client applied to Interlegal upon VAT recovery. In the process of tax inspection, control body issued the Act on rejection of VAT recove...show more
- Mediation: Interlegal lawyers settled the dispute under the Ship Repair Contract2020.06.25
The Client – foreign shipowner applied to Interlegal for dispute settlement due to its indebtedness under the Ship Repair Contract. COVID...show more
- Interlegal yachting lawyers supported insurance event upon recovery of 60,000 EUR2020.06.25
Interlegal regular client declared on insurance event concerning tender insured by our partners – Marine Services Group at one of the larges...show more
- Interlegal facilitated defense of freight forwarder’s interests against container line2020.06.22
Freight forwarder applied to Interlegal due to cargo damage that occurred during carriage by sea. Freight forwarder, on behalf of its cli...show more