AIJA. Shipper Liabilities. 27-29 September 2012. Antwerp.
Mrs. Nataliya Myroshnychennko, the Associated Partner of the International Law Offices Interlegal has taken part at the conference of AIJA Association in Antwerp. The conference took place from the 27th till the 29th of September. Mrs. Nataliya Myroshnychennko made a report on the topic: which kind of policy would provide protection for the shipper?
On the conference the limitation of shipper’s liability was discussed. Shipper’s liability is quite actual topic both for the shippers themselves and for traders, freighter and lawyers (i.e. participants of the whole transportation process). Cargo may be the cause of both general and particular average. How can the liability be limited? What does the English law say? Are there universal direct measures for it? Shipper’s liability cannot always be limited via liability of freighter or other persons. The problem still remains undecided. The insurers have not decided it too. The conference set more questions than answers and recommendations given by the participants.
Let us remind that the International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA) unites lawyers, advisors, inhouse lawyers and solicitors in the age up to 45. The goal of this public organization is promotion, cooperation, communication and assistance for young lawyers in career growth by means of different profile activities, meetings and trainings. The association itself has been uniting the young lawyers for more than 50 years and is the youth branch of IBA association.
News prepared by Information Center Interlegal
9th of October 2012
- Interlegal team won GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for goods by the Swiss company2020.09.28
Interlegal completed successfully GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for corn supplied on DAP terms, Chernomorsk S...show more
- Interlegal lawyers succeeded in dispute settlement between the Shipowner and the Charterer2020.09.03
The Client applied to Interlegal upon the issue of shipowner’s potential bringing to responsibility for non-performance of the Charter Party...show more
- Interlegal won the court dispute against large state-owned stevedore2020.09.08
The Client – port operator – applied to Interlegal for due diligence of one of state-owned stevedores. Such due dil...show more
- Discharge of cargo residues and washwater: instruments of legal defense for Interlegal client2020.09.04
Since the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority” (USPA), jointly with other governmental bodies (such as the State Borde...show more
- Interlegal defended interests of “thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH” in Court of Appeal of Donetsk2020.09.03
Recently, in Court of Appeal of Donetsk there was a hearing of a case concerning an appeal against the ruling of Kramatorsk Town C...show more
- Interlegal defended world freight forwarder`s interests in court, allowing no damages recover totaling up to UAH 15 million2020.09.01
Interlegal got a request from a Client, one of the world's largest forwarders, to protect his interests in enforcement proceedings to recove...show more
- Group of companies: structuring as a holding company2020.08.17
The client – large foreign shipowner applied to Interlegal upon corporate issues regarding Liberian companies acting as nominal shipowners....show more
- Interlegal lawyers refunded costs for a cancelled travel2020.08.11
A Client apply to Interlegal for refund of costs on travel to exotic country – naturally being cancelled due to closing borders and cancelli...show more
- Yacht Charter Parties 2020: what to stipulate in autumn?2020.08.06
In the framework of regular services for one of our Client’s commercial yachts, Interlegal supported conclusion of Charter Parties in autumn...show more
- Ship arrest preserved: the Debtor paid due amount2020.08.05
On March 24, 2020, we wrote that Interlegal lawyers arrested the vessel flying under foreign flag, in Kherson Sea Port water area, followed...show more