Arrest of two foreign vessels in the framework of foreign court award enforcement at the territory of Ukraine
Experts of Interlegal secured undisputable claims by means of arresting two foreign vessels in the framework of foreign court award enforcement at the territory of Ukraine.
Client, a foreign company-seller, applied to Interlegal for the reason that buyers, registered in Belize, failed to pay for the remaining bunker which was transferred together with the vessels and was to be paid under the terms of the Vessel Sale and Purchase Agreements.
Client’s undisputable claims are confirmed by the appropriate awards of the competent Arbitration Court of the Russian Federation. The court satisfied the client’s claims to the full extent. Awards have entered into legal force and are mandatory for enforcement.
Lawyers of Interlegal have initiated procedures of the aforesaid award recognition and enforcement at the territory of Ukraine at the location of the buyers’ property, which are vessels flying the foreign flag. In the process of court proceedings applications on claim security were filed and the vessels were arrested.
- Force majeure: critical view2020.03.27
The Client applied to Interlegal for assessment of presence / absence of force majeure in the framework of its contractual relations. Hav...show more
- Interlegal lawyers arrested the vessel for ship repair indebtedness2020.03.24
Interlegal lawyers arrested in Kherson Sea Port water area the vessel flying under foreign flag. The Client applied to Interlegal on ship...show more
- Will we face more difficulties in contract performance?2020.03.23
As expected, global quarantine due to COVID-19 pandemics essentially affected shipping and international trade in Black Sea Region. For t...show more
- Banking re-compliance for the current bank clients2020.03.16
It is not a secret for international business company owners that banking compliance becomes a more complex procedure covering the wider ran...show more
- Causal fact recognition by the court2020.03.03
A Client applied to Interlegal for legal assistance in the framework of Personal Attorney Service. As found out in the process of inherit...show more
- Partnership agreement in the framework of educational project2020.03.02
Gentleman’s agreements are widely spread in the Ukrainian business practice. In such situations business partners, while holding negotiation...show more
- Interlegal won ICAC arbitration proceedings for the Client, amounting to 85,000 EUR2020.02.20
An international company – dairy product trader – applied to Interlegal upon dispute settlement between the Client and the Debtor arisen fro...show more
- Interlegal lawyers won LMAA arbitration amounting to 460 thousand USD2020.02.17
A foreign company – ship manager and time charterer applied to Interlegal upon the dispute with vessel owner concerning refund of fleet fina...show more
- Interlegal supported motor yacht Sale & Purchase2020.02.17
Interlegal regular client filed a request for legal support of motor yacht Sale & Purchase (28 meters long, GRT 160). The sold yacht...show more
- Interlegal assisted in vessel re-bareboat chartering2020.02.12
The Client as charterer applied to Interlegal for legal assistance in vessel re-bareboat chartering due to her unlawful withdrawal by the Sh...show more