"Bill of Lading: From Theory to Practice"
The series of publications related to "Practice of Maritime Business" was supplemented in May 2010 with a new book "Bill of Lading: From Theory to Practice".
The book is the fifth one in the series. The partners and lawyers of “International Law Offices” were working over its creation for several years.
The present publication is intended to summarize the experience of "International Law Offices” practice gained through years in legal assistance of sea carriages, as well as theoretical studies over the past year. This was the year after the next annual conference organized by “International Law Offices” with the colleagues from the Russian Federation - "Remedy" law firm. The Conference in 2009 mainly covered the issues related to the bill of lading carriages and many materials serving as a source of theoretical studies were drawn from the materials of the held conference.
Topically of the issues raised in the publication does not give rise to any doubts when the international community is searching for new solutions in legal execution of relationships regarding transportation of cargoes, especially sea carriages.
We hope that this attempt to study the relations connected with the Bill of Lading will be useful for practical use and will contribute to the theoretical analysis of some aspects of the issuance of the Bill of Lading for a carriage.
We express our gratitude to all the conference participants of 2009 as this publication would not be published without their presentations.
The authors: Arthur Nitsevych, Nikolay Melnykov, Vyacheslav Lebedev, Artem Skorobogatov, Natalia Myroshnychenko.
- Mission possible: to release vessel with cargo on board within 3 days2020.10.06
In high-peak trading season, each trader is focused on fulfilling its obligations as the counteragent, having completely forgotten that the...show more
- Lawfulness of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone2020.10.01
The Client filed a request to Interlegal concerning law regulations of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone. Interlegal law team...show more
- Shareholder Agreement for new business setup2020.09.30
The Client filed a request to Interlegal for legal support in business setup jointly with his new partner. Main task for Interlegal team...show more
- Debt recovery under LMAA award. Act III: final stage2020.09.28
We are glad to inform that Interlegal team has completed proceedings on debt recovery from the vessel owner who failed to refund to our Clie...show more
- Interlegal team won GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for goods by the Swiss company2020.09.28
Interlegal completed successfully GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for corn supplied on DAP terms, Chernomorsk S...show more
- Interlegal lawyers succeeded in dispute settlement between the Shipowner and the Charterer2020.09.03
The Client applied to Interlegal upon the issue of shipowner’s potential bringing to responsibility for non-performance of the Charter Party...show more
- Interlegal won the court dispute against large state-owned stevedore2020.09.08
The Client – port operator – applied to Interlegal for due diligence of one of state-owned stevedores. Such due dil...show more
- Discharge of cargo residues and washwater: instruments of legal defense for Interlegal client2020.09.04
Since the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority” (USPA), jointly with other governmental bodies (such as the State Borde...show more
- Interlegal defended interests of “thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH” in Court of Appeal of Donetsk2020.09.03
Recently, in Court of Appeal of Donetsk there was a hearing of a case concerning an appeal against the ruling of Kramatorsk Town Court of Do...show more
- Interlegal defended world freight forwarder`s interests in court, allowing no damages recover totaling up to UAH 15 million2020.09.01
Interlegal got a request from a Client, one of the world's largest forwarders, to protect his interests in enforcement proceedings to recove...show more