Business forum: Ukraine-Cyprus, New Era of Economic Relations
Mr. Ivan Movlyak, the Associated Partner of the International Law Offices (Interlegal) has taking part in the forum which took place from the 27th till the 28th of October 2012 in Odessa at the Londonskaya Hotel.
Nearly 100 participants have visited the forum. Large delegation has arrived from Cyprus.
The forum was organized by the Odessa Regional Chamber of Commerce of Industry, Chamber of Commerce of Industry of Ukraine, the Business Council under the Council of Ministers of Ukraine. The delegation of Cyprus which arrived at the business forum consisted of: the Ambassador of Cyprus in Ukraine, Heads of the Chamber of Commerce of Industry of Cyprus, the Cyprus Investment Agency, the European Business Association, the Employers’ Union of Ukraine. At the forum the most problematic issues in the international law, modern economy and finances were discussed.
During the section work there were shown the practical opportunities to use Cyprus for the easier entry into the European markets, legal defense and correctness of foreign economic activity from the point of view of the international law. Moreover the participants have discussed the opportunities to use Cyprus for more effective investment activity and many other issues of the international business activities.
News prepared by Interlegal Information Center
the 29th of September 2012
- Interlegal won the court dispute against large state-owned stevedore2020.09.08
The Client – port operator – applied to Interlegal for due diligence of one of state-owned stevedores. Such due dil...show more
- Discharge of cargo residues and washwater: instruments of legal defense for Interlegal client2020.09.04
Since the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority” (USPA), jointly with other governmental bodies (such as the State Borde...show more
- Interlegal defended interests of “thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH” in Court of Appeal of Donetsk2020.09.03
Recently, in Court of Appeal of Donetsk there was a hearing of a case concerning an appeal against the ruling of Kramatorsk Town C...show more
- Interlegal defended world freight forwarder`s interests in court, allowing no damages recover totaling up to UAH 15 million2020.09.01
Interlegal got a request from a Client, one of the world's largest forwarders, to protect his interests in enforcement proceedings to recove...show more
- Group of companies: structuring as a holding company2020.08.17
The client – large foreign shipowner applied to Interlegal upon corporate issues regarding Liberian companies acting as nominal shipowners....show more
- Interlegal lawyers refunded costs for a cancelled travel2020.08.11
A Client apply to Interlegal for refund of costs on travel to exotic country – naturally being cancelled due to closing borders and cancelli...show more
- Yacht Charter Parties 2020: what to stipulate in autumn?2020.08.06
In the framework of regular services for one of our Client’s commercial yachts, Interlegal supported conclusion of Charter Parties in autumn...show more
- Ship arrest preserved: the Debtor paid due amount2020.08.05
On March 24, 2020, we wrote that Interlegal lawyers arrested the vessel flying under foreign flag, in Kherson Sea Port water area, followed...show more
- Ship arrest as operating mechanism for debt recovery2020.08.10
The Client – large foreign bunkering company applied to Interlegal for debt recovery from the Shipowner for bunker supply. Interlegal law...show more
- Maritime claim as grounds for amicable settlement2020.08.04
The Client – large Ukrainian stevedoring company applied to Interlegal for reimbursement of damages caused by the vessel in the process of c...show more