Debt recovery upon quay dues
The Client, a ship-building company, applied to Interlegal for representation of interests in respect of debt recovery against foreign-going vessels upon quay dues.
The debt arose due to vessels lay up at the Client’s berths against the shipowner’s guarantee to pay the quay dues and costs for electricity in full under the invoices issued under the parties’ agreement and pursuant to the law. Since the amounts invoiced remained unpaid, the Client had to file a claim to the court seeking to defense of its lawful rights. At the court proceedings, the debtor did not deny the fact of vessels’ berthing but insisted that quay dues should be calculated at the lower rate applied to coasting, not foreign-going vessels.
During the court proceedings, Interlegal experts managed to prove the foreign-going status of the vessels and lawfulness of the Client’s claims as the berth user. Claims upon payment of quay dues and costs for electricity were satisfied in full by the court of first instance.
- Shipowners may refund costs, paid unlawfully to USPA2020.11.05
Decision of the Antitrust Committee of Ukraine (case No. 910/1106/20) entered into legal force, and now shipowners are free to defend th...show more
- Winning a Lost Case: When Negotiations are Crucial2020.11.04
In fact, no one will give an obvious answer to the above question; however, the golden rule Strongest are Lucky has not been canceled. In...show more
- Interlegal law team settled the dispute upon demurrage at the port of discharge2020.11.04
Interlegal teem succeeded in pretrial settlement of the Buyer’s claim against the Seller upon demurrage at the port of discharge. The Cli...show more
- Interlegal lawyers provided legal support of yacht sale & purchase at 1.5 million EUR2020.10.29
Interlegal regular client filed a request for legal support of yacht (30 meters long) sale & purchase amounting to 1.5 million EUR. I...show more
- Interlegal lawyers helped their Client to enforce ICAC at the UCCI Award at the territory of Georgia2020.10.30
The Client – Ukrainian trading company – applied to Interlegal for recognition and enforcement of the Ukrainian arbitration award against th...show more
- Interlegal lawyers settled discrepancies under the sunflower oil supply contract2020.10.28
The Client – Chinese company – applied to Interlegal for legal advice upon performance of the contract on Ukrainian sunflower oil supply. Th...show more
- Copyright on computer software in Bulgaria2020.10.19
Interlegal regular client (Bulgarian shipping company) has developed its own computer software for debugging the company management processe...show more
- Interlegal lawyers represent successfully the Client’s interests upon bankruptcy case proceedings2020.10.15
Interlegal Client found out that its Debtor initiated independently bankruptcy case proceedings. Interlegal lawyers got involved upon expiry...show more
- Mission possible: to release vessel with cargo on board within 3 days2020.10.06
In high-peak trading season, each trader is focused on fulfilling its obligations as the counteragent, having completely forgotten that the...show more
- Lawfulness of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone2020.10.01
The Client filed a request to Interlegal concerning law regulations of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone. Interlegal law team...show more