Defence at the Superior Specialized Civil and Criminal Court of Ukraine
“Interlegal” has successfully defended interests of the large tropic oil trader at the Superior Specialized Civil and Criminal Court of Ukraine.
Client’s interests in the Court of appeal defended specialists of “Interlegal” – Artem Skorobogatov, associated Partner and Karina Gorovaya, lawyer.
Cassation court has drawn a line in the case on recognition and enforcement of several FOSFA arbitration awards at the territory of Ukraine in total claim amount of nearly 8,000,000.00 USD and has finally confirmed correctness of the arguments of” Interlegal” regarding the present dispute.
The main issues settled in that continuous case were:
- possibility to enforce FOSFA arbitration awards, previously cancelled by the Supreme Court of England, in Ukraine ,
- possibility to impose in Ukraine arrest on cargo delivered to the Charterer under the requirements to the vessel Charterer,
- correlation between Bill of Lading and the right of ownership on cargo, etc.
- Interlegal won the court dispute against large state-owned stevedore2020.09.08
The Client – port operator – applied to Interlegal for due diligence of one of state-owned stevedores. Such due dil...show more
- Discharge of cargo residues and washwater: instruments of legal defense for Interlegal client2020.09.04
Since the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority” (USPA), jointly with other governmental bodies (such as the State Borde...show more
- Interlegal defended interests of “thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH” in Court of Appeal of Donetsk2020.09.03
Recently, in Court of Appeal of Donetsk there was a hearing of a case concerning an appeal against the ruling of Kramatorsk Town C...show more
- Interlegal defended world freight forwarder`s interests in court, allowing no damages recover totaling up to UAH 15 million2020.09.01
Interlegal got a request from a Client, one of the world's largest forwarders, to protect his interests in enforcement proceedings to recove...show more
- Group of companies: structuring as a holding company2020.08.17
The client – large foreign shipowner applied to Interlegal upon corporate issues regarding Liberian companies acting as nominal shipowners....show more
- Interlegal lawyers refunded costs for a cancelled travel2020.08.11
A Client apply to Interlegal for refund of costs on travel to exotic country – naturally being cancelled due to closing borders and cancelli...show more
- Yacht Charter Parties 2020: what to stipulate in autumn?2020.08.06
In the framework of regular services for one of our Client’s commercial yachts, Interlegal supported conclusion of Charter Parties in autumn...show more
- Ship arrest preserved: the Debtor paid due amount2020.08.05
On March 24, 2020, we wrote that Interlegal lawyers arrested the vessel flying under foreign flag, in Kherson Sea Port water area, followed...show more
- Ship arrest as operating mechanism for debt recovery2020.08.10
The Client – large foreign bunkering company applied to Interlegal for debt recovery from the Shipowner for bunker supply. Interlegal law...show more
- Maritime claim as grounds for amicable settlement2020.08.04
The Client – large Ukrainian stevedoring company applied to Interlegal for reimbursement of damages caused by the vessel in the process of c...show more