Experts of Interlegal Have Successfully Defended the Interests of the Major Line Carrier
Experts of Interlegal, acting in the Client’s interests, filed a claim to the Ukrainian court in order to recover freight payable and liquidated damages for delay in cargo receipt and return of containers (demurrage/detention). Total claim amount exceeded $95.000.
Since the disputes upon recovery of liquidated damages in maritime law are not the ordinary practice for Ukrainian courts, in the process of case consideration representatives provided the necessary clarifications and explanations in respect of expanded scope of persons being responsible for payment of services rendered by the line carriers. Furthermore, the court considered in details the issue of the procedure of demurrage/detention accrual and calculation.
The following fact arouses particular interest: despite consideration of the dispute by the Ukrainian court, the dispute was considered under the English law pursuant to the Jurisdiction Clause set forth in the Terms of carriage.
Having studied the submitted claims and explanations of representatives, the court has satisfied the claim in full. Experts of Interlegal team, Karyna Gorovaya and Alexander Chebotarenko, worked upon the case.
- Debt recovery under LMAA award. Act III: final stage2020.09.28
We are glad to inform that Interlegal team has completed proceedings on debt recovery from the vessel owner who failed to refund to our Clie...show more
- Interlegal team won GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for goods by the Swiss company2020.09.28
Interlegal completed successfully GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for corn supplied on DAP terms, Chernomorsk S...show more
- Interlegal lawyers succeeded in dispute settlement between the Shipowner and the Charterer2020.09.03
The Client applied to Interlegal upon the issue of shipowner’s potential bringing to responsibility for non-performance of the Charter Party...show more
- Interlegal won the court dispute against large state-owned stevedore2020.09.08
The Client – port operator – applied to Interlegal for due diligence of one of state-owned stevedores. Such due dil...show more
- Discharge of cargo residues and washwater: instruments of legal defense for Interlegal client2020.09.04
Since the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority” (USPA), jointly with other governmental bodies (such as the State Borde...show more
- Interlegal defended interests of “thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH” in Court of Appeal of Donetsk2020.09.03
Recently, in Court of Appeal of Donetsk there was a hearing of a case concerning an appeal against the ruling of Kramatorsk Town C...show more
- Interlegal defended world freight forwarder`s interests in court, allowing no damages recover totaling up to UAH 15 million2020.09.01
Interlegal got a request from a Client, one of the world's largest forwarders, to protect his interests in enforcement proceedings to recove...show more
- Group of companies: structuring as a holding company2020.08.17
The client – large foreign shipowner applied to Interlegal upon corporate issues regarding Liberian companies acting as nominal shipowners....show more
- Interlegal lawyers refunded costs for a cancelled travel2020.08.11
A Client apply to Interlegal for refund of costs on travel to exotic country – naturally being cancelled due to closing borders and cancelli...show more
- Yacht Charter Parties 2020: what to stipulate in autumn?2020.08.06
In the framework of regular services for one of our Client’s commercial yachts, Interlegal supported conclusion of Charter Parties in autumn...show more