First meeting of the whisky club in Odessa
First meeting of the whisky club in Odessa
The first meeting of the whisky club members was held in Corvin whisky club on 17 February 2010. The business club was gathered for the first time in Odessa by initiative of the organizer, namely, the law firm International Law Offices.
It is indisputable that informal communication of people bound by joint business is much more pleasant as it involves a rest and at least short escape from problems and concerns about the heavy day. Tasting room of Corvin meets all requirements in the best possible way.
The quality of rest in the club intercourse is determined not only by the sort of a drinks, in this case by high quality of the Scotch whisky, but by the possibility to freely communicate in the atmosphere without any transactions, calculations or discussions over some projects. And if there is an amazing presentation of the club’s owner on the history and facts related to the tasted product, then, the process becomes not only pleasant, but useful.
Thus, all guests (that had been invited to that event) visited the first meeting of the club. Representatives of maritime transport and shipping sector, yachting businessmen, representatives of lines, terminals, agents and surveyors companies attended the club.
The club’s members tasted 5 taps of malt whisky and each portion of the tasted beverage was followed by an interesting story, history and development of Aqua Vitae. Aqua Vitae in Latin means the water of life. It is quite symbolic that thanks to International Law Offices good graces Aqua Vitae gave birth to the whisky club in Odessa.
Members of the club announced that they were intending to gather on a regular basis to spend the time. It was decided unanimously that such events enable development and strengthening of business relationships and contacts.
Next meeting of the club is scheduled for March. The final date will be fixed in the nearest future.
- Mission possible: to release vessel with cargo on board within 3 days2020.10.06
In high-peak trading season, each trader is focused on fulfilling its obligations as the counteragent, having completely forgotten that the...show more
- Lawfulness of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone2020.10.01
The Client filed a request to Interlegal concerning law regulations of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone. Interlegal law team...show more
- Shareholder Agreement for new business setup2020.09.30
The Client filed a request to Interlegal for legal support in business setup jointly with his new partner. Main task for Interlegal team...show more
- Debt recovery under LMAA award. Act III: final stage2020.09.28
We are glad to inform that Interlegal team has completed proceedings on debt recovery from the vessel owner who failed to refund to our Clie...show more
- Interlegal team won GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for goods by the Swiss company2020.09.28
Interlegal completed successfully GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for corn supplied on DAP terms, Chernomorsk S...show more
- Interlegal lawyers succeeded in dispute settlement between the Shipowner and the Charterer2020.09.03
The Client applied to Interlegal upon the issue of shipowner’s potential bringing to responsibility for non-performance of the Charter Party...show more
- Interlegal won the court dispute against large state-owned stevedore2020.09.08
The Client – port operator – applied to Interlegal for due diligence of one of state-owned stevedores. Such due dil...show more
- Discharge of cargo residues and washwater: instruments of legal defense for Interlegal client2020.09.04
Since the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority” (USPA), jointly with other governmental bodies (such as the State Borde...show more
- Interlegal defended interests of “thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH” in Court of Appeal of Donetsk2020.09.03
Recently, in Court of Appeal of Donetsk there was a hearing of a case concerning an appeal against the ruling of Kramatorsk Town Court of Do...show more
- Interlegal defended world freight forwarder`s interests in court, allowing no damages recover totaling up to UAH 15 million2020.09.01
Interlegal got a request from a Client, one of the world's largest forwarders, to protect his interests in enforcement proceedings to recove...show more