ICAC at the UCCI agreed with Interlegal arguments and made an award in favour of the Client
Interlegal experts completed successfully arbitration proceedings initiated in the interests of the largest steel and equipment production concern.
Application to the arbitration was grounded on breach of the long-term contract on steel supply between the foreign manufacturer and one of the largest Ukrainian metallurgic plants. In particular, for over 10 years of cooperation, the Ukrainian part – metal product buyer – faced large indebtedness for supplied goods.
Having defended the Client’s interests in the dispute with the Ukrainian enterprise, Interlegal lawyers proved the fact of proper fulfillment of contractual obligations by the Supplier and justified breach of contractual obligations by the Buyer which resulted not only in principal debt but also in financial interest accrual. The total chargeable amount exceeded 3 million USD.
Having justified non-fulfillment of financial obligations just at the pretrial settlement stage, the Debtor referred to force majeure as grounds for release from responsibility.
Having prepared to the arbitration proceedings, Interlegal team made a detailed analysis of the Debtor’s arguments concerning force majeure and performed legal assessment of the dispute prospects. Having analyzed the Ukrainian substantive law governing the commercial contract, as agreed by the Parties, and Force Majeure Clause of the International Chamber of Commerce incorporated in the contract, the lawyers came to conclusion on the Debtor’s groundless position.
It is noteworthy that by virtue of the agreed arbitration clause, ICAC at the UCCI performed arbitration proceedings and oral hearings in Ukrainian.
Successful performance of the Client’s order not only facilitated grounds for further enforcement of the arbitration award but also persuaded the Client in the valid in Ukraine effective mechanism of defending violated rights of foreign persons.
- Interlegal lawyers recognized the German court decision at Darnitskiy District Court in Kiev2020.01.15
A foreign transport company filed a request to Interlegal on recognition of the German court decision in their favour. The Debtor – Ukrai...show more
- Interlegal Ukrainian and Romanian offices completed successfully the2019.12.18
Previously, the Client – leading insurance company specialized in risk insurance during cargo transportation applied to Interlegal for damag...show more
- Interlegal lawyers consulted the client upon income taxation2019.12.17
The client applied to Interlegal upon explaining procedure of taxation on income received by non-resident under the Agreement on arranging t...show more
- Interlegal, jointly with Georgian office, drafted legal opinion upon lawfulness of customs office actions2019.11.29
The Client, Georgian freight forwarder, applied to Interlegal upon analyzing lawfulness of customs office and customs warehouse actions aime...show more
- Interlegal lawyers drafted for the Client agreement on yacht charter management2019.11.28
A client filed a request to Interlegal upon documentation required for yacht chartering. The Client planned to conclude agreement on yacht c...show more
- Interlegal lawyers defended interests of German transport companies in three court proceedings simultaneously2019.11.13
Interlegal lawyers applied to Kozelets District Court in Chernigov Region on recognizing several German court decisions on damage and intere...show more
- Interlegal consulted IT-company upon specifications for applying NDA in Ukraine2019.11.06
A foreign company engaged in AI, Big Data, IoT, software installation and maintenance, applied to Interlegal. The company planned to expand...show more
- Interlegal lawyers won the LCIA Arbitration case amounting to 660 thousand USD2019.11.06
The Ukrainian grain supplier engaged in large-scale international business applied to Interlegal for debt recovery from the Buyer (British C...show more
- Interlegal acted as creditor’s legal adviser in the dispute against PJSC “Ukrzaliznytsia”2019.10.31
Interlegal lawyers facilitated evidence base aimed to confirm the large transport and forwarding company’s claims against PJSC “Ukrzaliznyts...show more
- Interlegal won one more case in favour of thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH2019.10.28
Interlegal applied to Kramatorsk City Court in Donetsk Region on recognizing ICAC at the UCCI Award on debt recovery from the Ukrainian comp...show more