Information regarding general average of m/v «MSC Daniela»
Interlegal commenced settlement of matters regarding container inflammation on board of m/v «MSC Daniela» which has taken place on April, 04, 10:30 AM local time, at the Sri Lanka coast.
According to mass media reports, inflammation occurred during the container carriage from Chinese, Vietnamese and Korean sea ports to Odessa and Chornomorsk. Inflammation, followed by the fire, destroyed containers in stern section; there is a risk of water ingress into some containers. Exact damages amount has not been assessed yet.
At the present moment the vessel is moored in Colombo at the East Container Terminal surrounded by tugboats and salvage craft.
Most containers were unloaded at the Colombo International Container Terminal.
As of 17.04.2017, shipowners of m/v «MSC Daniela» announced general average. MSC container line has already contacted average adjusters – “Richards Hogg Lindley” and are awaiting for further instructions in respect of bonds and guarantees upon general average required for release of containers to cargo owners.
Interlegal’s experience in representation of interests of cargo owners in the course of settlement of disputes upon general average, in particular, fire on board of m/v «NORASIA TAURUS» and collision of m/v «CMA CGM Verlaine» and m/v «Odessa Star», confirms the necessity in consolidation of cargo owners in order to increase efficiency of actions aimed at prompt receipt of cargo and reduction of general expenses.
Considering the consignees’ common interests, Interlegal, being the correspondent participant of the International Association of Average Adjusters, is ready to provide prompt legal and consulting assistance to cargo owners, carriers and freight forwarders in respect of the issues related to this incident, including:
• Representation of cargo owners’ interests before average adjusters;
• Receipt and delivery of cargoes/funds subject to return to the Ukrainian cargo owners and freight forwarders.
0038 094 956 05 63
- Maritime claim as grounds for amicable settlement2020.08.04
The Client – large Ukrainian stevedoring company applied to Interlegal for reimbursement of damages caused by the vessel in the process of c...show more
- Interlegal expands its presence in the annual research Ukrainian Law Firms2020.07.29
Interlegal law firm expands its presence in the annual research Ukrainian Law Firms 2020. A Handbook for Foreign Clients. Apart...show more
- Interlegal team helped the Charterer to charge losses upon cargo shortage2020.07.29
The Charterer applied to Interlegal upon the trade contract, based on cargo shortage at the discharge port and the Buyer’s failure to pay co...show more
- Interlegal lawyers arrested the vessel in Turkey for debt recovery2020.07.23
This February, we wrote that Interlegal won LMAA arbitration case amounting to 460 thousand USD. In addition, our law team facilitated issui...show more
- Interlegal lawyers succeeded in legal support of recognizing arbitration award in Ukraine2020.07.21
Interlegal lawyers defended interests of the foreign food manufacturer in Ukraine and supported recognition of ICAC at the UCCI award, previ...show more
- VAT recovery: what should we do in case of tax service rejection?2020.07.01
The Client applied to Interlegal upon VAT recovery. In the process of tax inspection, control body issued the Act on rejection of VAT recove...show more
- Mediation: Interlegal lawyers settled the dispute under the Ship Repair Contract2020.06.25
The Client – foreign shipowner applied to Interlegal for dispute settlement due to its indebtedness under the Ship Repair Contract. COVID...show more
- Interlegal yachting lawyers supported insurance event upon recovery of 60,000 EUR2020.06.25
Interlegal regular client declared on insurance event concerning tender insured by our partners – Marine Services Group at one of the larges...show more
- Interlegal facilitated defense of freight forwarder’s interests against container line2020.06.22
Freight forwarder applied to Interlegal due to cargo damage that occurred during carriage by sea. Freight forwarder, on behalf of its cli...show more
- Interlegal settled the dispute upon non-payment for the goods by large Chinese importer2020.06.18
Interlegal succeeded in pretrial dispute settlement. The Client, engaged in pine timber export to China, applied for defense of its rights a...show more