Interlegal assessed the scope of the Ukrainian forwarder’s responsibility for cargo shortage in containers at the port of discharge
Interlegal consulted one of the leading container cargo freight forwarders in Ukraine upon the scope of responsibility for cargo shortage detected in the country of destination.
In particular, at the Client’s request, Interlegal experts performed complex analysis of transportation chain and obligations of engaged parties in respect of cargo safety on the route to the port of discharge.
The analysis included assessment of the following: provisions of freight forwarding agreement under which the services were rendered; standard terms and conditions of transportation provided by the container liner carrier engaged in carriage by sea; terms of subcontracts and other agreements concluded between the freight forwarder and the third parties in the cargo owner’s interests. Special attention was drawn to specialized regulations of national legislation, English law and international practice in order to distribute responsibility between freight forwarder and container liner carrier for cargo shortage during carriage by sea.
As the result, Interlegal experts drafted legal opinion and provided practical recommendations upon minimization of the Client’s possible risks related to the forwarding of export cargo in containers from Ukraine.
- Mediation: Interlegal lawyers settled the dispute under the Ship Repair Contract2020.06.25
The Client – foreign shipowner applied to Interlegal for dispute settlement due to its indebtedness under the Ship Repair Contract. COVID...show more
- Interlegal yachting lawyers supported insurance event upon recovery of 60,000 EUR2020.06.25
Interlegal regular client declared on insurance event concerning tender insured by our partners – Marine Services Group at one of the larges...show more
- Interlegal facilitated defense of freight forwarder’s interests against container line2020.06.22
Freight forwarder applied to Interlegal due to cargo damage that occurred during carriage by sea. Freight forwarder, on behalf of its cli...show more
- Interlegal settled the dispute upon non-payment for the goods by large Chinese importer2020.06.18
Interlegal succeeded in pretrial dispute settlement. The Client, engaged in pine timber export to China, applied for defense of its rights a...show more
- Interlegal lawyers supported 4 deals in fleet sale & purchase2020.06.17
Pandemic is not an obstacle for vessel sale & purchase! Despite COVID-19 epidemic and quarantine restrictions, spring 2020 was full of d...show more
- Interlegal is still representing Odessa in Best Lawyers rating2020.06.12
Interlegal partners Arthur Nitsevych and Artem Skorobogatov confirmed their positions in four nominations of the popular rating Best Lawyers...show more
- Interlegal succeeded in closing ten loans2020.06.10
The Client filed a request to Interlegal upon legal assistance in support of closing ten loans. Interlegal team had two tasks: 1. To min...show more
- Work flow chart upon declaration of dividends2020.06.01
The Client applied to Interlegal upon tax issue. As the Ukrainian citizen and resident, the Client received dividends from the foreign compa...show more
- Interlegal lawyers consulted the client upon applying the instrument of agrarian receipts2020.05.20
The Client – large foreign investment fund filed a request to Interlegal regarding mechanisms upon securing fulfillment of the Debtor’s obli...show more
- Interlegal drafted new combined service agreement on cargo handling2020.05.18
The Client – large Ukrainian sea port operator engaged, in particular, in rendering services of export & import operations, as well as l...show more