Interlegal at the 18th International conference on transport and logistics «International Black Sea Transport Forum 2015»
On October 21, 2015, Olena Ptashenchuk, lawyer of Interlegal, participated in the Round Table “Development of transport service market in Ukraine in the context of integration into the European and global transport infrastructure” organized by the Container Lines Association of Ukraine in the framework of the 18th International conference on transport and logistics «International Black Sea Transport Forum 2015».
At the Round Table top representatives of shipping lines, terminal operators, agencies, forwarding companies, customs, port authorities and other state bodies discussed actively the up-to-date trends of global container market, prospects of organization of container carriage in the Black Sea Region as well as the latest legislative initiatives in Ukraine and their impact on the industry at the national level.
In particular, they discussed legislative innovations provided by the Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine “On Making Amendments to Several Orders of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine” No.491 dd. 07.08.2015 as well as problems of applying preferential rates of port dues for container fleet pursuant to the Order of the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine “On Port Dues” No.316 dd. 27.05.2013.
As the result of discussion, participants of the Round Table decided to make joint efforts in order to assist state authorities to elaborate a common approach in determining vessels’ specialization and applying the ratio of 0.7 in accrual of port dues as well as to optimize the calculation methods of port dues in general. According to the audience, these are the minimal actions, which may allow the Ukrainian ports to retain competitiveness at the container carriage market in the Black Sea Region.
- Interlegal team won GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for goods by the Swiss company2020.09.28
Interlegal completed successfully GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for corn supplied on DAP terms, Chernomorsk S...show more
- Interlegal lawyers succeeded in dispute settlement between the Shipowner and the Charterer2020.09.03
The Client applied to Interlegal upon the issue of shipowner’s potential bringing to responsibility for non-performance of the Charter Party...show more
- Interlegal won the court dispute against large state-owned stevedore2020.09.08
The Client – port operator – applied to Interlegal for due diligence of one of state-owned stevedores. Such due dil...show more
- Discharge of cargo residues and washwater: instruments of legal defense for Interlegal client2020.09.04
Since the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority” (USPA), jointly with other governmental bodies (such as the State Borde...show more
- Interlegal defended interests of “thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH” in Court of Appeal of Donetsk2020.09.03
Recently, in Court of Appeal of Donetsk there was a hearing of a case concerning an appeal against the ruling of Kramatorsk Town C...show more
- Interlegal defended world freight forwarder`s interests in court, allowing no damages recover totaling up to UAH 15 million2020.09.01
Interlegal got a request from a Client, one of the world's largest forwarders, to protect his interests in enforcement proceedings to recove...show more
- Group of companies: structuring as a holding company2020.08.17
The client – large foreign shipowner applied to Interlegal upon corporate issues regarding Liberian companies acting as nominal shipowners....show more
- Interlegal lawyers refunded costs for a cancelled travel2020.08.11
A Client apply to Interlegal for refund of costs on travel to exotic country – naturally being cancelled due to closing borders and cancelli...show more
- Yacht Charter Parties 2020: what to stipulate in autumn?2020.08.06
In the framework of regular services for one of our Client’s commercial yachts, Interlegal supported conclusion of Charter Parties in autumn...show more
- Ship arrest preserved: the Debtor paid due amount2020.08.05
On March 24, 2020, we wrote that Interlegal lawyers arrested the vessel flying under foreign flag, in Kherson Sea Port water area, followed...show more