Interlegal continues to consult shipowners as for vessels calls to Crimea
As it is known, the relevant legislation is far from perfect, in particular, with regard to sea-going vessels, which creates lots of ambiguity. The ambiguous law enforcement practice in Ukraine raises fears of shipowners that their vessel may be arrested even due to the mere fact of passing of Kerch Strait, or entering into the 12-mile zone off the coast of Crimean peninsula.
In fact, existing legislation does not clearly answer on numerous specific questions related to the current procedure of passing the Kerch strait or entering into coastal waters of Crimea (even without calling to the ports).
Interlegal keeps monitoring the situation closely and is ready to provide up-to-date advise to the shipowners, P&I clubs and other persons interested.
- Debt recovery under LMAA award. Act III: final stage2020.09.28
We are glad to inform that Interlegal team has completed proceedings on debt recovery from the vessel owner who failed to refund to our Clie...show more
- Interlegal team won GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for goods by the Swiss company2020.09.28
Interlegal completed successfully GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for corn supplied on DAP terms, Chernomorsk S...show more
- Interlegal lawyers succeeded in dispute settlement between the Shipowner and the Charterer2020.09.03
The Client applied to Interlegal upon the issue of shipowner’s potential bringing to responsibility for non-performance of the Charter Party...show more
- Interlegal won the court dispute against large state-owned stevedore2020.09.08
The Client – port operator – applied to Interlegal for due diligence of one of state-owned stevedores. Such due dil...show more
- Discharge of cargo residues and washwater: instruments of legal defense for Interlegal client2020.09.04
Since the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority” (USPA), jointly with other governmental bodies (such as the State Borde...show more
- Interlegal defended interests of “thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH” in Court of Appeal of Donetsk2020.09.03
Recently, in Court of Appeal of Donetsk there was a hearing of a case concerning an appeal against the ruling of Kramatorsk Town C...show more
- Interlegal defended world freight forwarder`s interests in court, allowing no damages recover totaling up to UAH 15 million2020.09.01
Interlegal got a request from a Client, one of the world's largest forwarders, to protect his interests in enforcement proceedings to recove...show more
- Group of companies: structuring as a holding company2020.08.17
The client – large foreign shipowner applied to Interlegal upon corporate issues regarding Liberian companies acting as nominal shipowners....show more
- Interlegal lawyers refunded costs for a cancelled travel2020.08.11
A Client apply to Interlegal for refund of costs on travel to exotic country – naturally being cancelled due to closing borders and cancelli...show more
- Yacht Charter Parties 2020: what to stipulate in autumn?2020.08.06
In the framework of regular services for one of our Client’s commercial yachts, Interlegal supported conclusion of Charter Parties in autumn...show more