Interlegal defended the Client’s interests upon debt recovery for quay dues at the cassation instance
The Client – shipbuilding enterprise filed a request to Interlegal regarding representation of interests due to debt recovery upon quay dues from the foreign-going vessels.
Debt occurred due to vessel stay at the enterprise berths against shipowner’s guarantee to pay quay dues and power supply costs in full, under the issued invoices. Invoices have been issued with the parties consent and in compliance with law but payment has not been made. In order to defend its legal rights, the Client had to apply to the court.
Both first instance court and court of appeal considered the case. In the process of case consideration, Interlegal experts proved the foreign-going vessel status and lawfulness of the Client’s claims as berth user. First instance court satisfied claims on quay dues and power supply costs exceeding 1,800,000.00 UAH. Court of appeal upheld the first instance court decision.
Having contested such court conclusions, shipowner filed an application to the Supreme Economic Court of Ukraine against these decisions.
At the cassation proceedings, Interlegal lawyers defended the Client’s interests in full.
- Interlegal lawyers represent successfully the Client’s interests upon bankruptcy case proceedings2020.10.15
Interlegal Client found out that its Debtor initiated independently bankruptcy case proceedings. Interlegal lawyers got involved upon expiry...show more
- Mission possible: to release vessel with cargo on board within 3 days2020.10.06
In high-peak trading season, each trader is focused on fulfilling its obligations as the counteragent, having completely forgotten that the...show more
- Lawfulness of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone2020.10.01
The Client filed a request to Interlegal concerning law regulations of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone. Interlegal law team...show more
- Shareholder Agreement for new business setup2020.09.30
The Client filed a request to Interlegal for legal support in business setup jointly with his new partner. Main task for Interlegal team...show more
- Debt recovery under LMAA award. Act III: final stage2020.09.28
We are glad to inform that Interlegal team has completed proceedings on debt recovery from the vessel owner who failed to refund to our Clie...show more
- Interlegal team won GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for goods by the Swiss company2020.09.28
Interlegal completed successfully GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for corn supplied on DAP terms, Chernomorsk S...show more
- Interlegal lawyers succeeded in dispute settlement between the Shipowner and the Charterer2020.09.03
The Client applied to Interlegal upon the issue of shipowner’s potential bringing to responsibility for non-performance of the Charter Party...show more
- Interlegal won the court dispute against large state-owned stevedore2020.09.08
The Client – port operator – applied to Interlegal for due diligence of one of state-owned stevedores. Such due dil...show more
- Discharge of cargo residues and washwater: instruments of legal defense for Interlegal client2020.09.04
Since the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority” (USPA), jointly with other governmental bodies (such as the State Borde...show more
- Interlegal defended interests of “thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH” in Court of Appeal of Donetsk2020.09.03
Recently, in Court of Appeal of Donetsk there was a hearing of a case concerning an appeal against the ruling of Kramatorsk Town Court of Do...show more