Interlegal drafted new combined service agreement on cargo handling
The Client – large Ukrainian sea port operator engaged, in particular, in rendering services of export & import operations, as well as logistic operator, freight forwarder and custodian, applied to Interlegal for drafting a combined service agreement which would include terms for cargo handling (attributed to various types of contracts), with the property of other state-owned sea port operator involved.
According to the Client’s request, the parties to such agreement were both state-owned and private sea port operators, whose activity depended on a third party – natural monopoly (Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority). Subject of the agreement were various types and kinds of cargo.
Interlegal task was to analyze prospects of such agreement, to foresee the risks with regards to customs, labour, civil and commercial law and to draft the agreement itself. A crucial aspect of the agreement was the need to take into consideration marginal balance of the parties’ interests in preventing violation of antitrust legislation, since the state-owned port operator is deemed as prevailing at the appropriate market.
Interlegal lawyers provided recommendations and formed such list of the parties’ rights and obligations, serving as grounds for new combined service agreement on cargo handling.
Interlegal associate attorney Dmitri Ochkolias led the case.
Please note that our lawyers are qualified experts in port practice and are ready to provide necessary legal assistance for you.
- Mediation: Interlegal lawyers settled the dispute under the Ship Repair Contract2020.06.25
The Client – foreign shipowner applied to Interlegal for dispute settlement due to its indebtedness under the Ship Repair Contract. COVID...show more
- Interlegal yachting lawyers supported insurance event upon recovery of 60,000 EUR2020.06.25
Interlegal regular client declared on insurance event concerning tender insured by our partners – Marine Services Group at one of the larges...show more
- Interlegal facilitated defense of freight forwarder’s interests against container line2020.06.22
Freight forwarder applied to Interlegal due to cargo damage that occurred during carriage by sea. Freight forwarder, on behalf of its cli...show more
- Interlegal settled the dispute upon non-payment for the goods by large Chinese importer2020.06.18
Interlegal succeeded in pretrial dispute settlement. The Client, engaged in pine timber export to China, applied for defense of its rights a...show more
- Interlegal lawyers supported 4 deals in fleet sale & purchase2020.06.17
Pandemic is not an obstacle for vessel sale & purchase! Despite COVID-19 epidemic and quarantine restrictions, spring 2020 was full of d...show more
- Interlegal is still representing Odessa in Best Lawyers rating2020.06.12
Interlegal partners Arthur Nitsevych and Artem Skorobogatov confirmed their positions in four nominations of the popular rating Best Lawyers...show more
- Interlegal succeeded in closing ten loans2020.06.10
The Client filed a request to Interlegal upon legal assistance in support of closing ten loans. Interlegal team had two tasks: 1. To min...show more
- Work flow chart upon declaration of dividends2020.06.01
The Client applied to Interlegal upon tax issue. As the Ukrainian citizen and resident, the Client received dividends from the foreign compa...show more
- Interlegal lawyers consulted the client upon applying the instrument of agrarian receipts2020.05.20
The Client – large foreign investment fund filed a request to Interlegal regarding mechanisms upon securing fulfillment of the Debtor’s obli...show more
- Interlegal drafted new combined service agreement on cargo handling2020.05.18
The Client – large Ukrainian sea port operator engaged, in particular, in rendering services of export & import operations, as well as l...show more