Interlegal experts defended the agricultural product exporter’s interests in the dispute with unfair counteragent
The large agricultural product exporter concluded with foreign buyer several contracts on pea supply in containers on CFR terms. During contract performance, discrepancies arose between the parties. They did not result in amicable settlement: the buyer submitted to the seller a consolidated claim with diversified demands on several shipments not related to each other.
In breach of its obligations, the buyer refused to receive one of the delivered cargo batches and to pay for its supply. In fact the buyer retained cargo, having refused to issue the letter on rejection, as a must for cargo resale to another buyer.
The seller faced a difficult situation: from one hand, it was unable to dispose the goods; from the other hand, it was responsible against the line carrier for payment of accrued demurrage and storage at the port.
The Exporter applied to Interlegal to defend its interests. With regards to diversified nature of claims, in particular, on goods quality, supply period violation, delays in goods delivery to the consignee and the fact that claims arose from different contracts, the lawyer Ekaterina Gadetskaya and the senior lawyer Karyna Gorovaya drafted for the Exporter a legal opinion in respect of the buyer’s demands and plan of actions aimed at cargo receipt.
On the grounds of provided legal opinion, the parties renewed negotiations and settled the dispute.
- Interlegal lawyers represent successfully the Client’s interests upon bankruptcy case proceedings2020.10.15
Interlegal Client found out that its Debtor initiated independently bankruptcy case proceedings. Interlegal lawyers got involved upon expiry...show more
- Mission possible: to release vessel with cargo on board within 3 days2020.10.06
In high-peak trading season, each trader is focused on fulfilling its obligations as the counteragent, having completely forgotten that the...show more
- Lawfulness of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone2020.10.01
The Client filed a request to Interlegal concerning law regulations of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone. Interlegal law team...show more
- Shareholder Agreement for new business setup2020.09.30
The Client filed a request to Interlegal for legal support in business setup jointly with his new partner. Main task for Interlegal team...show more
- Debt recovery under LMAA award. Act III: final stage2020.09.28
We are glad to inform that Interlegal team has completed proceedings on debt recovery from the vessel owner who failed to refund to our Clie...show more
- Interlegal team won GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for goods by the Swiss company2020.09.28
Interlegal completed successfully GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for corn supplied on DAP terms, Chernomorsk S...show more
- Interlegal lawyers succeeded in dispute settlement between the Shipowner and the Charterer2020.09.03
The Client applied to Interlegal upon the issue of shipowner’s potential bringing to responsibility for non-performance of the Charter Party...show more
- Interlegal won the court dispute against large state-owned stevedore2020.09.08
The Client – port operator – applied to Interlegal for due diligence of one of state-owned stevedores. Such due dil...show more
- Discharge of cargo residues and washwater: instruments of legal defense for Interlegal client2020.09.04
Since the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority” (USPA), jointly with other governmental bodies (such as the State Borde...show more
- Interlegal defended interests of “thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH” in Court of Appeal of Donetsk2020.09.03
Recently, in Court of Appeal of Donetsk there was a hearing of a case concerning an appeal against the ruling of Kramatorsk Town Court of Do...show more