Interlegal experts keep supporting successfully contracts of sale and purchase of grain for export
In the new grain season, Interlegal lawyers keep cooperating actively with the Ukrainian exporters and their foreign counteragents. In the framework of one of the effective cooperation forms, Interlegal provides LegalСare service which is a full legal support of GAFTA/FOSFA contracts on FOB, СIF, СFR terms from the Black Sea Region.
Interlegal experts provide consulting services 24/7 regarding the nominated shipments, participate actively and expeditiously in settlement of problematic situations arising between the parties during fulfillment of their obligations, represent the clients’ interests in disputes being decided by GAFTA/FOSFA arbitration.
In one of the recent cases, the Client – one of the leading foreign agrarian exporters from Ukraine, nominated for the legal support a contract of sale of sunflower seed cake on FOB terms. The contract was drafted on the basis of GAFTA 49 standard form, indicating special terms agreed between the parties, including terms of payment. Total contractual value constituted nearly USD 1 500 000.
Due to the involvement of Interlegal lawyers already at the stage of agreeing the contract terms, the deal was successful and resulted in mutual readiness of the parties for further active cooperation. The Client received payment for the goods in time and in full.
- Maritime claim as grounds for amicable settlement2020.08.04
The Client – large Ukrainian stevedoring company applied to Interlegal for reimbursement of damages caused by the vessel in the process of c...show more
- Interlegal expands its presence in the annual research Ukrainian Law Firms2020.07.29
Interlegal law firm expands its presence in the annual research Ukrainian Law Firms 2020. A Handbook for Foreign Clients. Apart...show more
- Interlegal team helped the Charterer to charge losses upon cargo shortage2020.07.29
The Charterer applied to Interlegal upon the trade contract, based on cargo shortage at the discharge port and the Buyer’s failure to pay co...show more
- Interlegal lawyers arrested the vessel in Turkey for debt recovery2020.07.23
This February, we wrote that Interlegal won LMAA arbitration case amounting to 460 thousand USD. In addition, our law team facilitated issui...show more
- Interlegal lawyers succeeded in legal support of recognizing arbitration award in Ukraine2020.07.21
Interlegal lawyers defended interests of the foreign food manufacturer in Ukraine and supported recognition of ICAC at the UCCI award, previ...show more
- VAT recovery: what should we do in case of tax service rejection?2020.07.01
The Client applied to Interlegal upon VAT recovery. In the process of tax inspection, control body issued the Act on rejection of VAT recove...show more
- Mediation: Interlegal lawyers settled the dispute under the Ship Repair Contract2020.06.25
The Client – foreign shipowner applied to Interlegal for dispute settlement due to its indebtedness under the Ship Repair Contract. COVID...show more
- Interlegal yachting lawyers supported insurance event upon recovery of 60,000 EUR2020.06.25
Interlegal regular client declared on insurance event concerning tender insured by our partners – Marine Services Group at one of the larges...show more
- Interlegal facilitated defense of freight forwarder’s interests against container line2020.06.22
Freight forwarder applied to Interlegal due to cargo damage that occurred during carriage by sea. Freight forwarder, on behalf of its cli...show more
- Interlegal settled the dispute upon non-payment for the goods by large Chinese importer2020.06.18
Interlegal succeeded in pretrial dispute settlement. The Client, engaged in pine timber export to China, applied for defense of its rights a...show more