Interlegal continues successful practice of defense of shipowners’ interests upon P&I clubs requests
As shown by statistics for the recent years, over 150 thousands of seamen reside in Ukraine. P&I clubs perform case proceedings upon defense of shipowners’ interests often with crew members engaged or involved and with the necessity in issuing certain documents, such as witness testimonies, applications, settlement agreements etc.
The distinctive feature of similar cases is proper cooperation with seamen, namely: establishment of contact, explanation of their functions in a certain case and risk level concerning their involvement in case proceedings.
Interlegal experts, upon request of The London P&I Club, determined location of witnesses under the case upon defense of shipowners’ rights due to the vessel incident and organized the process of signing witness testimony.
Both witnesses – citizens of Ukraine residing in Odessa Region, were crew members at the moment of incident. They provided witness testimony in order to defend shipowner at the court proceedings initiated by the cargo interests.
Interlegal lawyers performed a required scope of work and performed the request successfully: one of crew members signed the documents at the Interlegal office while the other signed them remotely on board of vessel during the voyage.
Prompt submission of witness testimony to the court provided an opportunity for shipowner to organize defense successfully.
- Mediation: Interlegal lawyers settled the dispute under the Ship Repair Contract2020.06.25
The Client – foreign shipowner applied to Interlegal for dispute settlement due to its indebtedness under the Ship Repair Contract. COVID...show more
- Interlegal yachting lawyers supported insurance event upon recovery of 60,000 EUR2020.06.25
Interlegal regular client declared on insurance event concerning tender insured by our partners – Marine Services Group at one of the larges...show more
- Interlegal facilitated defense of freight forwarder’s interests against container line2020.06.22
Freight forwarder applied to Interlegal due to cargo damage that occurred during carriage by sea. Freight forwarder, on behalf of its cli...show more
- Interlegal settled the dispute upon non-payment for the goods by large Chinese importer2020.06.18
Interlegal succeeded in pretrial dispute settlement. The Client, engaged in pine timber export to China, applied for defense of its rights a...show more
- Interlegal lawyers supported 4 deals in fleet sale & purchase2020.06.17
Pandemic is not an obstacle for vessel sale & purchase! Despite COVID-19 epidemic and quarantine restrictions, spring 2020 was full of d...show more
- Interlegal is still representing Odessa in Best Lawyers rating2020.06.12
Interlegal partners Arthur Nitsevych and Artem Skorobogatov confirmed their positions in four nominations of the popular rating Best Lawyers...show more
- Interlegal succeeded in closing ten loans2020.06.10
The Client filed a request to Interlegal upon legal assistance in support of closing ten loans. Interlegal team had two tasks: 1. To min...show more
- Work flow chart upon declaration of dividends2020.06.01
The Client applied to Interlegal upon tax issue. As the Ukrainian citizen and resident, the Client received dividends from the foreign compa...show more
- Interlegal lawyers consulted the client upon applying the instrument of agrarian receipts2020.05.20
The Client – large foreign investment fund filed a request to Interlegal regarding mechanisms upon securing fulfillment of the Debtor’s obli...show more
- Interlegal drafted new combined service agreement on cargo handling2020.05.18
The Client – large Ukrainian sea port operator engaged, in particular, in rendering services of export & import operations, as well as l...show more