Interlegal law team settled the dispute upon demurrage at the port of discharge
Interlegal teem succeeded in pretrial settlement of the Buyer’s claim against the Seller upon demurrage at the port of discharge.
The Client, a large exporter of agricultural products, applied to Interlegal for demurrage recovery in the amount of 40,000 USD charged by the container line at the Ho Chi Minh City port of discharge.
As per the Contract, the Client acted as the Buyer on CIF terms. At the time of vessel arrival with the cargo on board at the port of discharge, the Buyer found out that the documents provided by the Seller were partially incorrect, which prevented discharge and import of the goods. The process of re-issuing documents took much time, which cause idle stay for 16 days.
The Buyer paid demurrage charged by the container line and requested the Seller to reimburse such costs in full. For several months the Client negotiated with the Seller, without any success.
Before applying to GAFTA arbitration, it was decided to carry out claims handling with the seller.
Interlegal lawyers acted as the buyer’s representatives under the dispute, provided the Client’s solid position and kept contact with the Seller. Several weeks of negotiations with the Seller resulted in amicable agreement, whereunder the latter paid indebtedness in several installments.
Interlegal lawyer Valeria Ivanova represents the Client’s interests under claims handling.
- Interlegal lawyers won the case in London2020.12.21
The Client – Ukrainian company engaged in design and engineering works for foreign firms – applied to Interlegal, due to non-payment by the...show more
- Procedural delay: it shan’t pass!2020.12.10
Interlegal lawyers again defended interests of their client - thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH under longstanding case proceedings upon r...show more
- Ship release in Belgium2020.12.14
The client – owner of the vessel detained by Port State Control at one of the Belgian Ports, applied to Interlegal for vessel release as soo...show more
- Case legal support: cargo loss due to accident2020.11.30
Interlegal lawyers succeeded in case settlement upon reimbursement of lose cargo value, due to accident. In the process of fertilizer car...show more
- Interlegal lawyers consulted the client upon legal effects of the Law No. 466 for its business2020.11.26
A regular client applied to Interlegal for legal advice upon legal effects due to entry into force of amendments to the Tax Code of Ukraine,...show more
- Interlegal lawyers applied to the State Regulatory Service of Ukraine for non-admission to adopt a Draft Order of the Ministry of Infrastructure2020.11.18
On 12.10.2020, a Draft Order of the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine “On Approval of the Procedure for Fixing a Prohibition to Operate...show more
- Shipowners may refund costs, paid unlawfully to USPA2020.11.05
Decision of the Antitrust Committee of Ukraine (case No. 910/1106/20) entered into legal force, and now shipowners are free to defend th...show more
- Winning a Lost Case: When Negotiations are Crucial2020.11.04
In fact, no one will give an obvious answer to the above question; however, the golden rule Strongest are Lucky has not been canceled. In...show more
- Interlegal law team settled the dispute upon demurrage at the port of discharge2020.11.04
Interlegal teem succeeded in pretrial settlement of the Buyer’s claim against the Seller upon demurrage at the port of discharge. The Cli...show more
- Interlegal lawyers provided legal support of yacht sale & purchase at 1.5 million EUR2020.10.29
Interlegal regular client filed a request for legal support of yacht (30 meters long) sale & purchase amounting to 1.5 million EUR. I...show more