Interlegal lawyers succeeded in dispute settlement between the Shipowner and the Charterer
The Client applied to Interlegal upon the issue of shipowner’s potential bringing to responsibility for non-performance of the Charter Party.
Having analyzed documents, Interlegal lawyers stated that the Client as Charterer concluded the Charter Party on sea carriage of sunflower pellets from Nikolayev to Turkey. Later, 10 days before the vessel expected arrival at the loading port, the Turkish Shipowner notified the Client on unilateral cancellation of the Charter Party, with reference to force majeure in the form of fire on board of the vessel. Therefore the Client had to seek a new vessel and to conclude the Charter Party with another shipowner. Meantime, freight market grew. While the Client had to pay cargo carriage cost exceeding the initial price.
Since the Charter Party was governed by English law, Interlegal lawyers drafted a justified claim on behalf of the Client upon reimbursement of freight difference by the Shipowner. The Shipowner rejected such claim and applied to its own lawyers who tried to contest the Shipowner’s liability with reference to the doctrine of frustration.
Having analyzed English precedent law, Interlegal team provided doubtless arguments, whereunder both the Shipowner and its lawyers accepted their liability and reimbursed damages incurred by our Client. Interlegal lawyer Igor Kostov, manager Viktoria Krotova and associated partner Alexey Remeslo led the case.
- Interlegal lawyers helped their Client to enforce ICAC at the UCCI Award at the territory of Georgia2020.10.30
The Client – Ukrainian trading company – applied to Interlegal for recognition and enforcement of the Ukrainian arbitration award against th...show more
- Interlegal lawyers settled discrepancies under the sunflower oil supply contract2020.10.28
The Client – Chinese company – applied to Interlegal for legal advice upon performance of the contract on Ukrainian sunflower oil supply. Th...show more
- Copyright on computer software in Bulgaria2020.10.19
Interlegal regular client (Bulgarian shipping company) has developed its own computer software for debugging the company management processe...show more
- Interlegal lawyers represent successfully the Client’s interests upon bankruptcy case proceedings2020.10.15
Interlegal Client found out that its Debtor initiated independently bankruptcy case proceedings. Interlegal lawyers got involved upon expiry...show more
- Mission possible: to release vessel with cargo on board within 3 days2020.10.06
In high-peak trading season, each trader is focused on fulfilling its obligations as the counteragent, having completely forgotten that the...show more
- Lawfulness of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone2020.10.01
The Client filed a request to Interlegal concerning law regulations of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone. Interlegal law team...show more
- Shareholder Agreement for new business setup2020.09.30
The Client filed a request to Interlegal for legal support in business setup jointly with his new partner. Main task for Interlegal team...show more
- Debt recovery under LMAA award. Act III: final stage2020.09.28
We are glad to inform that Interlegal team has completed proceedings on debt recovery from the vessel owner who failed to refund to our Clie...show more
- Interlegal team won GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for goods by the Swiss company2020.09.28
Interlegal completed successfully GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for corn supplied on DAP terms, Chernomorsk S...show more
- Interlegal lawyers succeeded in dispute settlement between the Shipowner and the Charterer2020.09.03
The Client applied to Interlegal upon the issue of shipowner’s potential bringing to responsibility for non-performance of the Charter Party...show more