Interlegal lawyers succeeded in legal support of recognizing arbitration award in Ukraine
Interlegal lawyers defended interests of the foreign food manufacturer in Ukraine and supported recognition of ICAC at the UCCI award, previously made in favour of the Client. Indebtedness amounted to 90,000 EUR.
Case specification was that ICAC at the UCCI award, to be recognized at the Kyiv Court of Appeal, was recognized within the quickest period for similar cases. Quick consideration of application on recognition was crucial due to large indebtedness of the Debtor, acting as the Defendant under several court proceedings.
Interlegal team was able to justify its claims, so the court considered and satisfied the application on recognizing ICAC at the UCCI award at the first hearing after expiration of mandatory 30-day term for filing objections by the Debtor.
Further, the award should be enforced in order to secure all the Client’s lawful rights, not only in legal aspect but also until actual receiving funds, to be paid in favour of the Client.
Interlegal associate attorney Mikhail Selivanov and junior lawyer Taras Dragan led the case.
- Interlegal won the court dispute against large state-owned stevedore2020.09.08
The Client – port operator – applied to Interlegal for due diligence of one of state-owned stevedores. Such due dil...show more
- Discharge of cargo residues and washwater: instruments of legal defense for Interlegal client2020.09.04
Since the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority” (USPA), jointly with other governmental bodies (such as the State Borde...show more
- Interlegal defended interests of “thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH” in Court of Appeal of Donetsk2020.09.03
Recently, in Court of Appeal of Donetsk there was a hearing of a case concerning an appeal against the ruling of Kramatorsk Town C...show more
- Interlegal defended world freight forwarder`s interests in court, allowing no damages recover totaling up to UAH 15 million2020.09.01
Interlegal got a request from a Client, one of the world's largest forwarders, to protect his interests in enforcement proceedings to recove...show more
- Group of companies: structuring as a holding company2020.08.17
The client – large foreign shipowner applied to Interlegal upon corporate issues regarding Liberian companies acting as nominal shipowners....show more
- Interlegal lawyers refunded costs for a cancelled travel2020.08.11
A Client apply to Interlegal for refund of costs on travel to exotic country – naturally being cancelled due to closing borders and cancelli...show more
- Yacht Charter Parties 2020: what to stipulate in autumn?2020.08.06
In the framework of regular services for one of our Client’s commercial yachts, Interlegal supported conclusion of Charter Parties in autumn...show more
- Ship arrest preserved: the Debtor paid due amount2020.08.05
On March 24, 2020, we wrote that Interlegal lawyers arrested the vessel flying under foreign flag, in Kherson Sea Port water area, followed...show more
- Ship arrest as operating mechanism for debt recovery2020.08.10
The Client – large foreign bunkering company applied to Interlegal for debt recovery from the Shipowner for bunker supply. Interlegal law...show more
- Maritime claim as grounds for amicable settlement2020.08.04
The Client – large Ukrainian stevedoring company applied to Interlegal for reimbursement of damages caused by the vessel in the process of c...show more