Interlegal procured the release of withheld cargo
Experts of Interlegal protected the interests of a foreign buyer, whose cargo was unlawfully withheld by an exporter in a Ukrainian port after the buyer fulfilled his payment obligations.
Taking into account the vast experience in solving complex problems, Interlegal worked out the necessary strategy to protect the buyer`s interests. In particular, the relevant claims were sent to the exporter and forwarding agent, legal basis of the buyer's property right under CPT terminal made ready. In order to avoid the risk of taking the cargo out by the exporter to the address of third parties, some necessary preparations for its arrest were made.
As a result, the cargo was duly drawn up and shipped on a vessel to the client in accordance with the agreed terms of delivery under the contract.
Prompt measures taken by Interlegal allowed the client to take over the paid cargo, as well as to avoid losses from the chartered vessel demurrage and the unreliable seller`s failure to contractual obligations.
The project was performed by lawyers of Interlegal: Vitalii Tolstik, Olena Ptashenchuk, senior lawyer Alexey Remeslo and attorney Vadym Popelyuk, under the supervision of associated partner Artem Skorobogatov.
- Interlegal team won GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for goods by the Swiss company2020.09.28
Interlegal completed successfully GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for corn supplied on DAP terms, Chernomorsk S...show more
- Interlegal lawyers succeeded in dispute settlement between the Shipowner and the Charterer2020.09.03
The Client applied to Interlegal upon the issue of shipowner’s potential bringing to responsibility for non-performance of the Charter Party...show more
- Interlegal won the court dispute against large state-owned stevedore2020.09.08
The Client – port operator – applied to Interlegal for due diligence of one of state-owned stevedores. Such due dil...show more
- Discharge of cargo residues and washwater: instruments of legal defense for Interlegal client2020.09.04
Since the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority” (USPA), jointly with other governmental bodies (such as the State Borde...show more
- Interlegal defended interests of “thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH” in Court of Appeal of Donetsk2020.09.03
Recently, in Court of Appeal of Donetsk there was a hearing of a case concerning an appeal against the ruling of Kramatorsk Town C...show more
- Interlegal defended world freight forwarder`s interests in court, allowing no damages recover totaling up to UAH 15 million2020.09.01
Interlegal got a request from a Client, one of the world's largest forwarders, to protect his interests in enforcement proceedings to recove...show more
- Group of companies: structuring as a holding company2020.08.17
The client – large foreign shipowner applied to Interlegal upon corporate issues regarding Liberian companies acting as nominal shipowners....show more
- Interlegal lawyers refunded costs for a cancelled travel2020.08.11
A Client apply to Interlegal for refund of costs on travel to exotic country – naturally being cancelled due to closing borders and cancelli...show more
- Yacht Charter Parties 2020: what to stipulate in autumn?2020.08.06
In the framework of regular services for one of our Client’s commercial yachts, Interlegal supported conclusion of Charter Parties in autumn...show more
- Ship arrest preserved: the Debtor paid due amount2020.08.05
On March 24, 2020, we wrote that Interlegal lawyers arrested the vessel flying under foreign flag, in Kherson Sea Port water area, followed...show more