Interlegal provided legal support to the South African holding contract to build and supply floating dock from Ukraine
Interlegal experts Olena Ptashenchuk and Oleksandr Chebotarenko under the supervision of the Partner, Arthur Nitsevych provided legal support to major South African holding company in negotiating and concluding the multi-million dollar contract to build and supply floating dock from Ukraine.
The ceremonial signing of the contract in the walls of GK "Ukrspetsexport", which became a guarantor of performing Ukrainian shipbuilder’s contractual obligations, was the culmination of a nearly one-year hard work of the parties on agreement of complex technical, commercial and legal terms of the deal, one of which was the application of an irrevocable standby letter of credit (SBLC) for performance by the buyer of its obligations to pay for the delivery dock.
Well-coordinated and constructive work of the contractual parties’ representatives, supported by their lawyers, in our opinion, is a good example of a public-private partnership in international trade, and gives hope for the successful performance of not only this, but also similar future projects.
- Shipowners may refund costs, paid unlawfully to USPA2020.11.05
Decision of the Antitrust Committee of Ukraine (case No. 910/1106/20) entered into legal force, and now shipowners are free to defend th...show more
- Winning a Lost Case: When Negotiations are Crucial2020.11.04
In fact, no one will give an obvious answer to the above question; however, the golden rule Strongest are Lucky has not been canceled. In...show more
- Interlegal law team settled the dispute upon demurrage at the port of discharge2020.11.04
Interlegal teem succeeded in pretrial settlement of the Buyer’s claim against the Seller upon demurrage at the port of discharge. The Cli...show more
- Interlegal lawyers provided legal support of yacht sale & purchase at 1.5 million EUR2020.10.29
Interlegal regular client filed a request for legal support of yacht (30 meters long) sale & purchase amounting to 1.5 million EUR. I...show more
- Interlegal lawyers helped their Client to enforce ICAC at the UCCI Award at the territory of Georgia2020.10.30
The Client – Ukrainian trading company – applied to Interlegal for recognition and enforcement of the Ukrainian arbitration award against th...show more
- Interlegal lawyers settled discrepancies under the sunflower oil supply contract2020.10.28
The Client – Chinese company – applied to Interlegal for legal advice upon performance of the contract on Ukrainian sunflower oil supply. Th...show more
- Copyright on computer software in Bulgaria2020.10.19
Interlegal regular client (Bulgarian shipping company) has developed its own computer software for debugging the company management processe...show more
- Interlegal lawyers represent successfully the Client’s interests upon bankruptcy case proceedings2020.10.15
Interlegal Client found out that its Debtor initiated independently bankruptcy case proceedings. Interlegal lawyers got involved upon expiry...show more
- Mission possible: to release vessel with cargo on board within 3 days2020.10.06
In high-peak trading season, each trader is focused on fulfilling its obligations as the counteragent, having completely forgotten that the...show more
- Lawfulness of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone2020.10.01
The Client filed a request to Interlegal concerning law regulations of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone. Interlegal law team...show more