Interlegal settled successfully the dispute on late supply of several container batches
The Client, foreign trader, concluded the Contract on grain product supply in container, under CFR terms, Indian port, on the basis of the standard proforma GAFTA 88.
As agreed by the Parties, the Sellers not only undertook to deliver the goods on board of the vessel within the arranged period of shipment in the export country but also guaranteed additionally that the goods will arrive to the destination port till February 25, 2017. Such guarantees, untypical for CFR term, were incorporated into the contract at the principal request of the Buyers due to changes in the customs regulations in the import country.
In the process of the contract performance, the Sellers, due to circumstances out of their control, failed to ship the goods within the shipment period prescribed by the contract which resulted in shifting, inter alia, terms of the goods arrival in India. The Sellers breached the guarantees of goods delivery to the port of destination till February 25, 2017. The goods were supplied in several batches. Some batches were expected to arrive in March 2017, some in April 2017. Due to such delay the Buyers refused to accept the goods.
In order to defend its interests and to minimize possible financial effects, the Sellers applied to Interlegal.
Due to such prompt application of the Sellers, Interlegal experts prepared a complex legal position based on contract terms and standard provisions GAFTA 88. The several notices were sent to the Buyers, stating the grounds for lawful goods supply upon expiration of the period prescribed by the contract, including by reference to the right on shipment prolongation and force majeure. Under the lead of the Interlegal lawyers was facilitated the collection of the proper set of evidence concerning lawfulness of the Sellers’ claims and the Buyers’ counter-obligation to accept the goods under the contract. As the result of long-term negotiations, the Buyers agreed with the Sellers’ position prepared by Interlegal. The performance of the contract was renewed.
- Interlegal lawyers represent successfully the Client’s interests upon bankruptcy case proceedings2020.10.15
Interlegal Client found out that its Debtor initiated independently bankruptcy case proceedings. Interlegal lawyers got involved upon expiry...show more
- Mission possible: to release vessel with cargo on board within 3 days2020.10.06
In high-peak trading season, each trader is focused on fulfilling its obligations as the counteragent, having completely forgotten that the...show more
- Lawfulness of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone2020.10.01
The Client filed a request to Interlegal concerning law regulations of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone. Interlegal law team...show more
- Shareholder Agreement for new business setup2020.09.30
The Client filed a request to Interlegal for legal support in business setup jointly with his new partner. Main task for Interlegal team...show more
- Debt recovery under LMAA award. Act III: final stage2020.09.28
We are glad to inform that Interlegal team has completed proceedings on debt recovery from the vessel owner who failed to refund to our Clie...show more
- Interlegal team won GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for goods by the Swiss company2020.09.28
Interlegal completed successfully GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for corn supplied on DAP terms, Chernomorsk S...show more
- Interlegal lawyers succeeded in dispute settlement between the Shipowner and the Charterer2020.09.03
The Client applied to Interlegal upon the issue of shipowner’s potential bringing to responsibility for non-performance of the Charter Party...show more
- Interlegal won the court dispute against large state-owned stevedore2020.09.08
The Client – port operator – applied to Interlegal for due diligence of one of state-owned stevedores. Such due dil...show more
- Discharge of cargo residues and washwater: instruments of legal defense for Interlegal client2020.09.04
Since the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority” (USPA), jointly with other governmental bodies (such as the State Borde...show more
- Interlegal defended interests of “thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH” in Court of Appeal of Donetsk2020.09.03
Recently, in Court of Appeal of Donetsk there was a hearing of a case concerning an appeal against the ruling of Kramatorsk Town Court of Do...show more