Interlegal settled the dispute between cargo owner and shipowner arisen due to vessel and cargo total loss.
Interlegal was nominated to protect one of cargo owner’s interests whose cargo was lost completely due to the vessel’s total loss.
The arbitration proceedings at LMAA were initiated during the case consideration.
Case proceedings at the High Court of Justice were initiated in order to settle the issue of shipowner’s right on limitation of its responsibility as well as to fill in the limitation fund. As the result, the High Court of Justice recognized the shipowner’s right on limitation of its responsibility and for the first time allowed filling in the fund not in cash but by means of P&I club’s guarantee. The court decision was included into the Lloyds White Book – the list of English law precedents.
Taking into account long-term case consideration and significant expenses, at the Client’s order Interlegal experts managed to settle the dispute upon the presented part of cargo and to arrange cost reimbursement in the amicable agreement.
The client’s interests were represented by Dmitriy Zagorodnyuk, the senior lawyer, and Ilona Biliuk, the lawyer, under general supervision of Artem Skorobogatov, the associated partner.
- Interlegal team won GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for goods by the Swiss company2020.09.28
Interlegal completed successfully GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for corn supplied on DAP terms, Chernomorsk S...show more
- Interlegal lawyers succeeded in dispute settlement between the Shipowner and the Charterer2020.09.03
The Client applied to Interlegal upon the issue of shipowner’s potential bringing to responsibility for non-performance of the Charter Party...show more
- Interlegal won the court dispute against large state-owned stevedore2020.09.08
The Client – port operator – applied to Interlegal for due diligence of one of state-owned stevedores. Such due dil...show more
- Discharge of cargo residues and washwater: instruments of legal defense for Interlegal client2020.09.04
Since the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority” (USPA), jointly with other governmental bodies (such as the State Borde...show more
- Interlegal defended interests of “thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH” in Court of Appeal of Donetsk2020.09.03
Recently, in Court of Appeal of Donetsk there was a hearing of a case concerning an appeal against the ruling of Kramatorsk Town C...show more
- Interlegal defended world freight forwarder`s interests in court, allowing no damages recover totaling up to UAH 15 million2020.09.01
Interlegal got a request from a Client, one of the world's largest forwarders, to protect his interests in enforcement proceedings to recove...show more
- Group of companies: structuring as a holding company2020.08.17
The client – large foreign shipowner applied to Interlegal upon corporate issues regarding Liberian companies acting as nominal shipowners....show more
- Interlegal lawyers refunded costs for a cancelled travel2020.08.11
A Client apply to Interlegal for refund of costs on travel to exotic country – naturally being cancelled due to closing borders and cancelli...show more
- Yacht Charter Parties 2020: what to stipulate in autumn?2020.08.06
In the framework of regular services for one of our Client’s commercial yachts, Interlegal supported conclusion of Charter Parties in autumn...show more
- Ship arrest preserved: the Debtor paid due amount2020.08.05
On March 24, 2020, we wrote that Interlegal lawyers arrested the vessel flying under foreign flag, in Kherson Sea Port water area, followed...show more