Interlegal settled the dispute resulted by the Vessel’s detention on the Danube river
Motor vessel Mednogorsk carrying her cargo from Ukraine (Odessa) to Bulgaria (Ruse) was forced to lay on 61 mile of the Danube river for a long period.
The Vessel’s detention resulted in the dispute between the shippers and consignees, namely consignees (being the charterers of the Vessel) rejected the cargo shortly after the Vessel left the port of discharge and informed the Owners accordingly.
During the whole period of negotiations between the parties of sale and purchase contract the Vessel was forced to stay as she was left without further instructions.
Finally when the dispute between the consignees and shippers was settled and the cargo was delivered to the port of discharge, the Owners claimed the consignees/charterers for detention of the Vessel.
Interlegal lawyers acting on behalf of the Owners informed the Consignees on lien on cargo and filed the corresponding claim for damages.
As a final result the Consignees chose to settle the dispute amicably and compensated the damages suffered by the Owners after which the cargo was released.
Senior lawyers Alexey Remeslo and Dmitriy Zagorodnyuk led the case.
- Interlegal lawyers consulted the client upon applying the instrument of agrarian receipts2020.05.20
The Client – large foreign investment fund filed a request to Interlegal regarding mechanisms upon securing fulfillment of the Debtor’s obli...show more
- Interlegal drafted new combined service agreement on cargo handling2020.05.18
The Client – large Ukrainian sea port operator engaged, in particular, in rendering services of export & import operations, as well as l...show more
- CFC or not CFC: that is the question2020.05.15
The Client applied to Interlegal for legal advice upon legal effects due to entry into force of the draft law No. 1210 “On amendme...show more
- Interlegal lawyers won GAFTA arbitration case in the amount of 200,000 USD2020.05.13
Interlegal succeeded in GAFTA arbitration settlement of the dispute, due to the Buyer’s failure to pay for wheat flour supplied on CFR terms...show more
- Interlegal lawyers consulted the Client and the Bank regarding application of thin capitalization rules2020.05.08
The client filed a request to Interlegal concerning bank issues. A foreign bank maintaining the Client’s corporate account demanded for expl...show more
- Unified social tax late payment: legal effects2020.04.21
The Client applied to Interlegal upon unified social tax erroneous remittance to the account of State Tax Inspection (STI) in the correspond...show more
- Business making under Ukrainian business environment2020.04.09
A foreign client applied to Interlegal for making business in Ukraine. Its request covered the following services: registration of the Ukrai...show more
- Changing the flag for the pleasure yacht2020.04.07
The client applied to Interlegal on changing the flag for the pleasure sailing yacht 30 meters long. The need to change the flag was caus...show more
- Interlegal lawyers charged losses due to vessel non-delivery for loading2020.04.07
Charterer under Voyage Charter Party applied to Interlegal on damage recovery from the Shipowner due to vessel non-delivery for loading....show more
- Reorganization of the foreign company’s representative office2020.04.01
A foreign Client – owner of the group of companies engaged in supply of grains and oilseeds in Black Sea Region – applied to Interlegal. In...show more