Interlegal strengthens the practice of vessel registration under Moldova flag
For the first half of year 2014 three companies – ship owners, with the assistance of Interlegal, registered their vessels under the flag of the Republic of Moldova.
Vessels belonging to legal entities or natural persons, both residents and non-residents of the Republic of Moldova, may be registered in the ship register of Moldova. Amongst the advantages of the Moldavian flag are the quick procedure and lower cost of registration as compared to other jurisdictions (ship owner’s expenses include only payment of state duty for vessel registration, fees for radio license and services of local representative, the nomination of which is obligatory for non-residential shipowners). Owners of ships registered in Moldova shall be released from payment of taxes and customs duties.
Moldova recognizes 10 of 12 classification societies - IACS members. 18 more classification societies are entitled to arrange ships surveys for compliance thereof with regulations of international conventions, as well as to issue the corresponding certificates.
- Interlegal lawyers consulted the client upon applying the instrument of agrarian receipts2020.05.20
The Client – large foreign investment fund filed a request to Interlegal regarding mechanisms upon securing fulfillment of the Debtor’s obli...show more
- Interlegal drafted new combined service agreement on cargo handling2020.05.18
The Client – large Ukrainian sea port operator engaged, in particular, in rendering services of export & import operations, as well as l...show more
- CFC or not CFC: that is the question2020.05.15
The Client applied to Interlegal for legal advice upon legal effects due to entry into force of the draft law No. 1210 “On amendme...show more
- Interlegal lawyers won GAFTA arbitration case in the amount of 200,000 USD2020.05.13
Interlegal succeeded in GAFTA arbitration settlement of the dispute, due to the Buyer’s failure to pay for wheat flour supplied on CFR terms...show more
- Interlegal lawyers consulted the Client and the Bank regarding application of thin capitalization rules2020.05.08
The client filed a request to Interlegal concerning bank issues. A foreign bank maintaining the Client’s corporate account demanded for expl...show more
- Unified social tax late payment: legal effects2020.04.21
The Client applied to Interlegal upon unified social tax erroneous remittance to the account of State Tax Inspection (STI) in the correspond...show more
- Business making under Ukrainian business environment2020.04.09
A foreign client applied to Interlegal for making business in Ukraine. Its request covered the following services: registration of the Ukrai...show more
- Changing the flag for the pleasure yacht2020.04.07
The client applied to Interlegal on changing the flag for the pleasure sailing yacht 30 meters long. The need to change the flag was caus...show more
- Interlegal lawyers charged losses due to vessel non-delivery for loading2020.04.07
Charterer under Voyage Charter Party applied to Interlegal on damage recovery from the Shipowner due to vessel non-delivery for loading....show more
- Reorganization of the foreign company’s representative office2020.04.01
A foreign Client – owner of the group of companies engaged in supply of grains and oilseeds in Black Sea Region – applied to Interlegal. In...show more