Lawyers of Interlegal defended the interests of the bunkering company in a dispute with the Shipowner
The bunkering company applied to Interlegal in order to defend its interests due to the Shipowner’s bunker payment debt.
In October 2014 the Client supplied bunker to the Shipowner’s two vessels staying in the roads of Yuzhnyi Commercial Sea Port (Ukraine).
The Shipowner failed to perform properly his obligations upon bunker payment.
Lawyers of Interlegal held negotiations and notified the Shipowner that in case of failure to recover the debt measures on arresting his vessels will be taken in the nearest time.
Finally the parties reached the agreement, upon which the vessels’ charterer remitted the bunker debt directly to the bunkering company.
Sergey Kalitenko, the senior lawyer, and Sergey Sushko, the lawyer, worked upon the case.
- English arbitrations: how do they operate during pandemics?2020.04.01
The issue of English arbitration institution effective functioning is vital both for Interlegal clients and for lawyers of Interlegal Englis...show more
- De-offshoring and its impact on shipowners?2020.03.31
Today, non-resident company’s bank account is an urgent need for international business. Cooperation with offshore companies is a common...show more
- How to refund costs for the lost tour?2020.03.30
A Client applied to Interlegal upon cost refund for the tour to exotic country being cancelled due to global quarantine on the Earth. Des...show more
- Debt recovery should not be postponed2020.03.27
The Client applied to Interlegal for charging accounts receivable in the framework of its contractual relations. With reference to media...show more
- Force majeure: critical view2020.03.27
The Client applied to Interlegal for assessment of presence / absence of force majeure in the framework of its contractual relations. Hav...show more
- Interlegal lawyers arrested the vessel for ship repair indebtedness2020.03.24
Interlegal lawyers arrested in Kherson Sea Port water area the vessel flying under foreign flag. The Client applied to Interlegal on ship...show more
- Will we face more difficulties in contract performance?2020.03.23
As expected, global quarantine due to COVID-19 pandemics essentially affected shipping and international trade in Black Sea Region. For t...show more
- Banking re-compliance for the current bank clients2020.03.16
It is not a secret for international business company owners that banking compliance becomes a more complex procedure covering the wider ran...show more
- Causal fact recognition by the court2020.03.03
A Client applied to Interlegal for legal assistance in the framework of Personal Attorney Service. As found out in the process of inherit...show more
- Partnership agreement in the framework of educational project2020.03.02
Gentleman’s agreements are widely spread in the Ukrainian business practice. In such situations business partners, while holding negotiation...show more