Lawyers of Interlegal have successfully defended the agent of the container line
The dispute arose between the agent of the carrier and an insurance company of the shipper, which filed a regress claim in connection with damage to the cargo in the port of discharge.
During the trial the specialists of Interlegal insisted on involvement of the proper defendant – the actual carrier, as at the conclusion of the contract the agent acted “on behalf and by order” of the latter.
As a result the dispute between the insurer and the carrier was settled amicably, and the amount of the claim to the carrier was reduced by half. The claim to the agent was withdrawn and the proceeding was terminated.
- English arbitrations: how do they operate during pandemics?2020.04.01
The issue of English arbitration institution effective functioning is vital both for Interlegal clients and for lawyers of Interlegal Englis...show more
- De-offshoring and its impact on shipowners?2020.03.31
Today, non-resident company’s bank account is an urgent need for international business. Cooperation with offshore companies is a common...show more
- How to refund costs for the lost tour?2020.03.30
A Client applied to Interlegal upon cost refund for the tour to exotic country being cancelled due to global quarantine on the Earth. Des...show more
- Debt recovery should not be postponed2020.03.27
The Client applied to Interlegal for charging accounts receivable in the framework of its contractual relations. With reference to media...show more
- Force majeure: critical view2020.03.27
The Client applied to Interlegal for assessment of presence / absence of force majeure in the framework of its contractual relations. Hav...show more
- Interlegal lawyers arrested the vessel for ship repair indebtedness2020.03.24
Interlegal lawyers arrested in Kherson Sea Port water area the vessel flying under foreign flag. The Client applied to Interlegal on ship...show more
- Will we face more difficulties in contract performance?2020.03.23
As expected, global quarantine due to COVID-19 pandemics essentially affected shipping and international trade in Black Sea Region. For t...show more
- Banking re-compliance for the current bank clients2020.03.16
It is not a secret for international business company owners that banking compliance becomes a more complex procedure covering the wider ran...show more
- Causal fact recognition by the court2020.03.03
A Client applied to Interlegal for legal assistance in the framework of Personal Attorney Service. As found out in the process of inherit...show more
- Partnership agreement in the framework of educational project2020.03.02
Gentleman’s agreements are widely spread in the Ukrainian business practice. In such situations business partners, while holding negotiation...show more