Experts of Interlegal prepared a legal opinion upon law regulation of international transportation and forwarding activities in Georgia.
A large international logistic company applied to Interlegal for a legal opinion upon law regulation of international transportation and forwarding activities in Georgia. In particular, the client was interested in the issues of law application and limitation of parties’ liability in cases when the participants of cargo transportation are residents of different countries.
Having determined the client’s points of interest, due to information support of the Interlegal Georgia, we prepared a concise legal opinion upon law regulation of international transportations from Georgia to Armenia and forwarding activities with residents of Georgia, Russia and Armenia involved.
In particular, we touched the following issues in legal opinion:
- The law governing the forwarding agreement if one of its Parties is a non-resident of Georgia.
- Application of the English law in the forwarding agreement.
- Jurisdiction of disputes arising from the forwarding agreements.
- International Conventions on automobile, railway and air cargo transportation.
- Limitation of the carrier’s and forwarder’s liability according to the law of Georgia.
Alexander Chebotarenko, the senior lawyer, and Danil Hristich, the lawyer, worked upon the case.
- English arbitrations: how do they operate during pandemics?2020.04.01
The issue of English arbitration institution effective functioning is vital both for Interlegal clients and for lawyers of Interlegal Englis...show more
- De-offshoring and its impact on shipowners?2020.03.31
Today, non-resident company’s bank account is an urgent need for international business. Cooperation with offshore companies is a common...show more
- How to refund costs for the lost tour?2020.03.30
A Client applied to Interlegal upon cost refund for the tour to exotic country being cancelled due to global quarantine on the Earth. Des...show more
- Debt recovery should not be postponed2020.03.27
The Client applied to Interlegal for charging accounts receivable in the framework of its contractual relations. With reference to media...show more
- Force majeure: critical view2020.03.27
The Client applied to Interlegal for assessment of presence / absence of force majeure in the framework of its contractual relations. Hav...show more
- Interlegal lawyers arrested the vessel for ship repair indebtedness2020.03.24
Interlegal lawyers arrested in Kherson Sea Port water area the vessel flying under foreign flag. The Client applied to Interlegal on ship...show more
- Will we face more difficulties in contract performance?2020.03.23
As expected, global quarantine due to COVID-19 pandemics essentially affected shipping and international trade in Black Sea Region. For t...show more
- Banking re-compliance for the current bank clients2020.03.16
It is not a secret for international business company owners that banking compliance becomes a more complex procedure covering the wider ran...show more
- Causal fact recognition by the court2020.03.03
A Client applied to Interlegal for legal assistance in the framework of Personal Attorney Service. As found out in the process of inherit...show more
- Partnership agreement in the framework of educational project2020.03.02
Gentleman’s agreements are widely spread in the Ukrainian business practice. In such situations business partners, while holding negotiation...show more