London International Shipping Week
Partners of Interlegal, Arthur Nitsevych and Nikolay Melnykov, visited London International Shipping Week - Propelling World Trade’ which was held on 9-13 of September. It is a new and important industry event focusing on London’s vital role in the positive development of global shipping. With a wealth of industry functions has been planned for the week, London International Shipping Week was the high level networking opportunity of the year for leaders across all sectors of the international shipping industry – regulators, charterers, ship owners, ship managers, lawyers, brokers, bankers, insurers, ship suppliers, ports and shipping service providers and all involved in the shipping world.
Mr.Nitsevych and Mr.Melnykov visited a number of important sessions of the week. They took part in discussions and debates on Alternative Sources of Finance for Shipping and Offshore ; and also on applicability and mechanics of the U.S. and EU sanctions regimes.
Of special interest for the Ukrainian shipping there were Mock Arbitration Workshop of the London Maritime Arbitrators Association and receptions of the Propeller Club of London and WISTA-UK.
WISTA is an international organization of women working in the shipping industry. Its members include naval architects, maritime lawyers, ship's engineers, insurance and sale and purchase brokers, claims adjusters and many others working both directly in the industry and providing services to the industry.
- Interlegal won the court dispute against large state-owned stevedore2020.09.08
The Client – port operator – applied to Interlegal for due diligence of one of state-owned stevedores. Such due dil...show more
- Discharge of cargo residues and washwater: instruments of legal defense for Interlegal client2020.09.04
Since the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority” (USPA), jointly with other governmental bodies (such as the State Borde...show more
- Interlegal defended interests of “thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH” in Court of Appeal of Donetsk2020.09.03
Recently, in Court of Appeal of Donetsk there was a hearing of a case concerning an appeal against the ruling of Kramatorsk Town C...show more
- Interlegal defended world freight forwarder`s interests in court, allowing no damages recover totaling up to UAH 15 million2020.09.01
Interlegal got a request from a Client, one of the world's largest forwarders, to protect his interests in enforcement proceedings to recove...show more
- Group of companies: structuring as a holding company2020.08.17
The client – large foreign shipowner applied to Interlegal upon corporate issues regarding Liberian companies acting as nominal shipowners....show more
- Interlegal lawyers refunded costs for a cancelled travel2020.08.11
A Client apply to Interlegal for refund of costs on travel to exotic country – naturally being cancelled due to closing borders and cancelli...show more
- Yacht Charter Parties 2020: what to stipulate in autumn?2020.08.06
In the framework of regular services for one of our Client’s commercial yachts, Interlegal supported conclusion of Charter Parties in autumn...show more
- Ship arrest preserved: the Debtor paid due amount2020.08.05
On March 24, 2020, we wrote that Interlegal lawyers arrested the vessel flying under foreign flag, in Kherson Sea Port water area, followed...show more
- Ship arrest as operating mechanism for debt recovery2020.08.10
The Client – large foreign bunkering company applied to Interlegal for debt recovery from the Shipowner for bunker supply. Interlegal law...show more
- Maritime claim as grounds for amicable settlement2020.08.04
The Client – large Ukrainian stevedoring company applied to Interlegal for reimbursement of damages caused by the vessel in the process of c...show more