M/V Norasia Taurus – cost refund due to general average
In 2005 Shipowners of m/v “Norasia Taurus” declared on general average due to inflammation of containers while the vessel was leaving the port of Damiett (Egypt).
55 containers got damaged by the fire while 59 containers got wet in the process of fire fighting.
In 2010 “Albatross Adjusters Limited” (former “SHH Stichling Hahn Hilbrich”) has completed drafting the dispatch.
Security amount exceeded significantly the real losses, therefore costs remitted by cargo owners in 2006 were refunded partially.
Several companies failed to receive their costs due to loss of documents (dispatcher’s receipt), thus payment was postponed till 2016.
In 2005 and 2010 Interlegal experts represented several cargo owners and freight forwarders in relationship with “Albatross Adjusters Limited” (previous “SHH Stichling Hahn Hilbrich”) and now we are ready to provide the following services:
- Representation of cargo owners’ and freight forwarders’ interests against dispatchers;
- Receiving and remittance of refundable costs to the Ukrainian cargo owners and freight forwarders.
If you or your clients were involved in the aforesaid general average and were unable to receive cost refund in 2010, please contact us immediately.
- Mediation: Interlegal lawyers settled the dispute under the Ship Repair Contract2020.06.25
The Client – foreign shipowner applied to Interlegal for dispute settlement due to its indebtedness under the Ship Repair Contract. COVID...show more
- Interlegal yachting lawyers supported insurance event upon recovery of 60,000 EUR2020.06.25
Interlegal regular client declared on insurance event concerning tender insured by our partners – Marine Services Group at one of the larges...show more
- Interlegal facilitated defense of freight forwarder’s interests against container line2020.06.22
Freight forwarder applied to Interlegal due to cargo damage that occurred during carriage by sea. Freight forwarder, on behalf of its cli...show more
- Interlegal settled the dispute upon non-payment for the goods by large Chinese importer2020.06.18
Interlegal succeeded in pretrial dispute settlement. The Client, engaged in pine timber export to China, applied for defense of its rights a...show more
- Interlegal lawyers supported 4 deals in fleet sale & purchase2020.06.17
Pandemic is not an obstacle for vessel sale & purchase! Despite COVID-19 epidemic and quarantine restrictions, spring 2020 was full of d...show more
- Interlegal is still representing Odessa in Best Lawyers rating2020.06.12
Interlegal partners Arthur Nitsevych and Artem Skorobogatov confirmed their positions in four nominations of the popular rating Best Lawyers...show more
- Interlegal succeeded in closing ten loans2020.06.10
The Client filed a request to Interlegal upon legal assistance in support of closing ten loans. Interlegal team had two tasks: 1. To min...show more
- Work flow chart upon declaration of dividends2020.06.01
The Client applied to Interlegal upon tax issue. As the Ukrainian citizen and resident, the Client received dividends from the foreign compa...show more
- Interlegal lawyers consulted the client upon applying the instrument of agrarian receipts2020.05.20
The Client – large foreign investment fund filed a request to Interlegal regarding mechanisms upon securing fulfillment of the Debtor’s obli...show more
- Interlegal drafted new combined service agreement on cargo handling2020.05.18
The Client – large Ukrainian sea port operator engaged, in particular, in rendering services of export & import operations, as well as l...show more