MARITIME CYPRUS 2011
Arthur Nitsevych and Nikolay Melnykov, partners of Interlegal took part in the leading European maritime Event – Maritime Shipping Conference 2011 in Limassol.
From Sunday 02/10/2011 until Wednesday 05/10/2011, the MARITIME CYPRUS 2011 Conference took place in Limassol, Cyprus.
The MARITIME CYPRUS Conference is the leading Cyprus Maritime event.
It is organized every two years by the Cyprus Government, in close cooperation with the Cyprus Shipping Chamber and the Cyprus Union of Shipowners.
The Maritime Cyprus Conference has grown over the years into one of the world’s most significant shipping conferences.
This year’s Maritime Cyprus Conference, was the 12th, since its establishment back in 1989.
Its main theme was “The ?s in Shipping: Is it Safe Enough?, Is it Sustainable?, Is there enough Confidence?”.
Aiming at operating as a Forum where important and current issues relating to international shipping are presented by distinguished speakers and subsequently discussed by the international shipping community, the “Maritime Cyprus Conference” plays a key role towards helping to formulate sound and well balanced decisions and policies on crucial shipping issues.
Enriched by the presence and active contribution of distinguished guests including the IMO Secretary General, European Commissioners and other personalities of the International shipping scene who addressed the conference, the Conference focused on the crucial matters concerning the international shipping industry today.
Subjects addressed during the Conference included Countering Piracy, Seafarers, Long Term Sustainability and Energy. The Capital Markets, Forecasting analysis and exploration of new opportunities to recover from the crisis were also presented.
The Maritime Cyprus Conference is addressed to shipping executives in the industry, including, owners, managers, and delegates from other shipping organizations.
The information has been taken from official resource
- Mission possible: to release vessel with cargo on board within 3 days2020.10.06
In high-peak trading season, each trader is focused on fulfilling its obligations as the counteragent, having completely forgotten that the...show more
- Lawfulness of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone2020.10.01
The Client filed a request to Interlegal concerning law regulations of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone. Interlegal law team...show more
- Shareholder Agreement for new business setup2020.09.30
The Client filed a request to Interlegal for legal support in business setup jointly with his new partner. Main task for Interlegal team...show more
- Debt recovery under LMAA award. Act III: final stage2020.09.28
We are glad to inform that Interlegal team has completed proceedings on debt recovery from the vessel owner who failed to refund to our Clie...show more
- Interlegal team won GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for goods by the Swiss company2020.09.28
Interlegal completed successfully GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for corn supplied on DAP terms, Chernomorsk S...show more
- Interlegal lawyers succeeded in dispute settlement between the Shipowner and the Charterer2020.09.03
The Client applied to Interlegal upon the issue of shipowner’s potential bringing to responsibility for non-performance of the Charter Party...show more
- Interlegal won the court dispute against large state-owned stevedore2020.09.08
The Client – port operator – applied to Interlegal for due diligence of one of state-owned stevedores. Such due dil...show more
- Discharge of cargo residues and washwater: instruments of legal defense for Interlegal client2020.09.04
Since the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority” (USPA), jointly with other governmental bodies (such as the State Borde...show more
- Interlegal defended interests of “thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH” in Court of Appeal of Donetsk2020.09.03
Recently, in Court of Appeal of Donetsk there was a hearing of a case concerning an appeal against the ruling of Kramatorsk Town Court of Do...show more
- Interlegal defended world freight forwarder`s interests in court, allowing no damages recover totaling up to UAH 15 million2020.09.01
Interlegal got a request from a Client, one of the world's largest forwarders, to protect his interests in enforcement proceedings to recove...show more