Mission possible: to release vessel with cargo on board within 3 days
In high-peak trading season, each trader is focused on fulfilling its obligations as the counteragent, having completely forgotten that the contract may be cancelled for completely other reasons, not related to quantity or quality of the products supplied.
One of such reasons may be activity of law enforcement and regulatory bodies, having always doubt in legality of foreign economic activity of exporters and participants to the logistic chain.
Such doubts always result in cargo retention – either at the terminal or, even worse, on board of the vessel, followed by actual detention of the vessel herself.
In such situations, the most vulnerable is the vessel charterer, who suffers the greatest losses due to actions committed by governmental and law enforcement bodies.
Having understood complexity of the arisen situation, the Client, acting as vessel charterer, applied to Interlegal for settlement of the issue related to vessel detention at one of the Ukrainian sea ports.
Interlegal teamwork, both at the office and at the sea port itself, correct legal strategy, jointly with successful coordination of actions, committed by the terminal, the broker and the maritime agent, facilitated release of the release vessel with cargo on board just in 3 days.
As a result, the Client was able to fulfill the terms of its contract, to deliver the cargo and to mitigate possible losses caused by demurrage.
- Interlegal lawyers helped their Client to enforce ICAC at the UCCI Award at the territory of Georgia2020.10.30
The Client – Ukrainian trading company – applied to Interlegal for recognition and enforcement of the Ukrainian arbitration award against th...show more
- Interlegal lawyers settled discrepancies under the sunflower oil supply contract2020.10.28
The Client – Chinese company – applied to Interlegal for legal advice upon performance of the contract on Ukrainian sunflower oil supply. Th...show more
- Copyright on computer software in Bulgaria2020.10.19
Interlegal regular client (Bulgarian shipping company) has developed its own computer software for debugging the company management processe...show more
- Interlegal lawyers represent successfully the Client’s interests upon bankruptcy case proceedings2020.10.15
Interlegal Client found out that its Debtor initiated independently bankruptcy case proceedings. Interlegal lawyers got involved upon expiry...show more
- Mission possible: to release vessel with cargo on board within 3 days2020.10.06
In high-peak trading season, each trader is focused on fulfilling its obligations as the counteragent, having completely forgotten that the...show more
- Lawfulness of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone2020.10.01
The Client filed a request to Interlegal concerning law regulations of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone. Interlegal law team...show more
- Shareholder Agreement for new business setup2020.09.30
The Client filed a request to Interlegal for legal support in business setup jointly with his new partner. Main task for Interlegal team...show more
- Debt recovery under LMAA award. Act III: final stage2020.09.28
We are glad to inform that Interlegal team has completed proceedings on debt recovery from the vessel owner who failed to refund to our Clie...show more
- Interlegal team won GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for goods by the Swiss company2020.09.28
Interlegal completed successfully GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for corn supplied on DAP terms, Chernomorsk S...show more
- Interlegal lawyers succeeded in dispute settlement between the Shipowner and the Charterer2020.09.03
The Client applied to Interlegal upon the issue of shipowner’s potential bringing to responsibility for non-performance of the Charter Party...show more