Port Finance International Black Sea Conference
Over 150 industry leaders from the region’s ports and terminals and those involved in port investment and development attended and shared their insights and experiences of the market and growth potential in the Black Sea region. This year’s conference placed particular emphasis on the opportunities for business in Black Sea ports in Turkey, Russia, Ukraine, Romania and Bulgaria. The conference took place in the wonderful setting of Pera House at the British Consulate.
During the 1st day one section was dedicated to Ukraine. In its first part Sergei Kryzhanovskiy, Head of the State Service of Sea and River Transport, Alexey Khomenko, Advisor to the Director General of the Sea Commercial Port of Illichivsk and Igor Morylyov, Deputy Director, Sea Odessa Commercial Sea Port covered public sector issues and described main investment projects in Ukrainian ports.
The interests of private investors were highlighted by Klaus Schmöcker, President HPC Ukraina and Arthur Nitsevych, Partner, Interlegal. They stopped for a while on key issues of investors in development of ports and terminals in Ukraine.
Other speakers focused on plans for expansion and development in key ports of Black Sea such as Constanta, Varna and others and the investment opportunities those plans will provide. Consultants looked at ways of optimising business approach in the region.
release made using materials from www.portfinanceinternational.com
- Mission possible: to release vessel with cargo on board within 3 days2020.10.06
In high-peak trading season, each trader is focused on fulfilling its obligations as the counteragent, having completely forgotten that the...show more
- Lawfulness of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone2020.10.01
The Client filed a request to Interlegal concerning law regulations of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone. Interlegal law team...show more
- Shareholder Agreement for new business setup2020.09.30
The Client filed a request to Interlegal for legal support in business setup jointly with his new partner. Main task for Interlegal team...show more
- Debt recovery under LMAA award. Act III: final stage2020.09.28
We are glad to inform that Interlegal team has completed proceedings on debt recovery from the vessel owner who failed to refund to our Clie...show more
- Interlegal team won GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for goods by the Swiss company2020.09.28
Interlegal completed successfully GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for corn supplied on DAP terms, Chernomorsk S...show more
- Interlegal lawyers succeeded in dispute settlement between the Shipowner and the Charterer2020.09.03
The Client applied to Interlegal upon the issue of shipowner’s potential bringing to responsibility for non-performance of the Charter Party...show more
- Interlegal won the court dispute against large state-owned stevedore2020.09.08
The Client – port operator – applied to Interlegal for due diligence of one of state-owned stevedores. Such due dil...show more
- Discharge of cargo residues and washwater: instruments of legal defense for Interlegal client2020.09.04
Since the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority” (USPA), jointly with other governmental bodies (such as the State Borde...show more
- Interlegal defended interests of “thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH” in Court of Appeal of Donetsk2020.09.03
Recently, in Court of Appeal of Donetsk there was a hearing of a case concerning an appeal against the ruling of Kramatorsk Town Court of Do...show more
- Interlegal defended world freight forwarder`s interests in court, allowing no damages recover totaling up to UAH 15 million2020.09.01
Interlegal got a request from a Client, one of the world's largest forwarders, to protect his interests in enforcement proceedings to recove...show more