Reorganization of the foreign company’s representative office
A foreign Client – owner of the group of companies engaged in supply of grains and oilseeds in Black Sea Region – applied to Interlegal. In Ukraine the Client, represented by foreign company’s non-commercial representative office with auxiliary functions, purchases goods on CPT and FOB terms.
Due to reorganization of the parent company (by attachment to another company), the Client needs consulting by the Ukrainian lawyers. Its principal issue of concern is the following: whether it will be possible to make business in Ukraine on behalf of the new company, with the current representative office engaged.
A complex aspect was low level of regulating the issues of registration, activity and liquidation of the foreign companies’ representative offices, while such procedure as reorganization of the foreign company’s representative office is not prescribed by the law at all.
With regards to the current law provisions and court practice, having analyzed such issue on the grounds of the Ministry of Economy replies to requests, Interlegal lawyers drafted detailed advice giving the answers to the Client’s questions. Legal advice touched also new risks of recognition as permanent representative office, which may arise due to adopting the Draft Law No. 1210.
- Mediation: Interlegal lawyers settled the dispute under the Ship Repair Contract2020.06.25
The Client – foreign shipowner applied to Interlegal for dispute settlement due to its indebtedness under the Ship Repair Contract. COVID...show more
- Interlegal yachting lawyers supported insurance event upon recovery of 60,000 EUR2020.06.25
Interlegal regular client declared on insurance event concerning tender insured by our partners – Marine Services Group at one of the larges...show more
- Interlegal facilitated defense of freight forwarder’s interests against container line2020.06.22
Freight forwarder applied to Interlegal due to cargo damage that occurred during carriage by sea. Freight forwarder, on behalf of its cli...show more
- Interlegal settled the dispute upon non-payment for the goods by large Chinese importer2020.06.18
Interlegal succeeded in pretrial dispute settlement. The Client, engaged in pine timber export to China, applied for defense of its rights a...show more
- Interlegal lawyers supported 4 deals in fleet sale & purchase2020.06.17
Pandemic is not an obstacle for vessel sale & purchase! Despite COVID-19 epidemic and quarantine restrictions, spring 2020 was full of d...show more
- Interlegal is still representing Odessa in Best Lawyers rating2020.06.12
Interlegal partners Arthur Nitsevych and Artem Skorobogatov confirmed their positions in four nominations of the popular rating Best Lawyers...show more
- Interlegal succeeded in closing ten loans2020.06.10
The Client filed a request to Interlegal upon legal assistance in support of closing ten loans. Interlegal team had two tasks: 1. To min...show more
- Work flow chart upon declaration of dividends2020.06.01
The Client applied to Interlegal upon tax issue. As the Ukrainian citizen and resident, the Client received dividends from the foreign compa...show more
- Interlegal lawyers consulted the client upon applying the instrument of agrarian receipts2020.05.20
The Client – large foreign investment fund filed a request to Interlegal regarding mechanisms upon securing fulfillment of the Debtor’s obli...show more
- Interlegal drafted new combined service agreement on cargo handling2020.05.18
The Client – large Ukrainian sea port operator engaged, in particular, in rendering services of export & import operations, as well as l...show more