Ukrainian legislation - advises for large foreign shipowner
With regards to voluminous export component of Ukraine, calls of foreign vessels at the Ukrainian ports are usually are subjected to strict control of various state authorities while their close attention sometimes exceeds the limits set by Ukrainian legislation.
Many questions arise from relationship between the shipowner and the Ukrainian vessel crew members as well, since Ukraine has been a leader at the seafarer labour market for many years, especially in Black Sea, Sea of Azov and Mediterranean regions.
The Client’s requests concern mechanisms of the shipowner’s interest defence during vessel calls at the Ukrainian ports, legal aspects of cooperation with the Ukrainian crew members and other issues with the Ukrainian element involved.
One of the Client’s requests concerned requirement of the Ukrainian state authority to provide confidential information by the shipowner. Interlegal lawyer, Ekaterina Gadetskaya, under general supervision of the associated partner Natalya Myroshnychenko, consulted promptly the Client regarding the rights of foreign legal entities in case of receipt of requests from state authorities and the current mechanisms of defending such rights in case of receipt of illegal requirements of state authorities.
In the framework of 24/7 service, Interlegal regularly advises the shipowner upon provisions of the Ukrainian legislation and provides practical recommendations regarding defence of shipowners’ rights at the Ukrainian ports.
Read related articles:
- Interlegal claims handling: 175,000 EUR2021.04.23
Interlegal claims handling: 175,000 EUR The Client (foreign trader) applied to Interlegal for solving the problem arising from improper p...show more
- Interlegal preserved 2,000,000 USD for their Client2021.04.16
Interlegal preserved 2,000,000 USD for their Client A large Asian company, wishing to buy a large volume of unrefined sunflower oil from...show more
- Interlegal won the initiated case proceedings amounting to 15 million UAH at the appellate instance2021.04.12
The Client, of the ;largest global forwarders, applied to Interlegal for defense of its interests under the dispute on charging fi...show more
- Passenger’s right defense under cancelling flight2021.03.26
Interlegal, at the request of its clients – Ukrainian passengers, conducted claims handling in respect of the air carrier – Ukrainian non-re...show more
- Maritime Salvage legal support2021.03.23
Maritime Salvage legal support Maritime Salvage is a complex legal institution that combines public law and private law (commercial) re...show more
- Interlegal consulted freight forwarder upon tax issues2021.03.18
Interlegal consulted freight forwarder upon tax issues You can endlessly look at three things: the burning fire, the running water and th...show more
- Interlegal lawyers provided legal support in obtaining a guaranteed deposit despite closed borders2021.03.17
On August 15, 2019, the Latvian Financial and Capital Market Commission made a decision to suspend all financial operations in PNB Banka, AS...show more
- Bulker sale & purchase legal support by Interlegal2021.03.15
Bulker sale & purchase legal support by Interlegal Interlegal ream is still operating in legal support of fleet sale & purchase t...show more
- China Desk in Interlegal: clients’ support service for work in China and cooperation with Chinese companies2021.03.11
Interlegal launched China Desk for clients’ business legal support upon work in China and cooperation with Chinese companies. Interlegal sen...show more
- Ship release in Romania: the power of negotiation, persuasion and law2021.03.11
A shipowner applied to Interlegal due to its vessel detention in Romania at the vessel agent’s request. The Client admitted indebtedness...show more