Our law firm has been working since 1995.
For many years our specialization is Transport, Shipping and International trade. And we, Interlegal, know these businesses.
We render services in Ukraine, other countries of the Black Sea (Russia, Georgia, Moldova, Bulgaria, Turkey, etc.) and in Latvia, Cyprus, Spain, Italy, France, the United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands, Algeria, Tunisia, the United States, Poland etc.
We work with all participants of the transportation process: cargo owners, freight forwarders, charterers, ship owners, agents, ports, stevedoring and warehousing companies, terminals and shipping lines, P&I clubs and insurers, banks and others engaged in the maritime and commodity trade.
Our experts are the acknowledged leaders in the industry practice. The reputation is confirmed by the professional ratings: Best lawyers, Who is Who legal, Ukrainian Law firms: a handbook for foreign clients, etc.
Interlegal and our team experts are active members of international and national professional associations and public organizations.
We are recommended to each other!
- 25.07.16Interlegal assessed the scope of the Ukrainian forwarder’s responsibility for cargo shortage in containers at the port of dischargeInterlegal consulted one of the leading container cargo freight forwarders in Ukraine upon the scope of responsibility for cargo shortage detected in the country of destination. In particular, at the Client’s request, Interlegal experts performed complex analysis of transportation chain and obligations of engaged parties in respect of cargo safety on the route to the port of discharge.»
- 20.07.16Interlegal keeps succeeding in practicing upon requests of P&I clubs due to defense of shipowners’ interestsAs shown by statistics for the recent years, over 150 thousands of seamen reside in Ukraine. P&I clubs perform case proceedings upon defense of shipowners’ interests often with crew members engaged or involved and with the necessity in issuing certain documents, such as witness testimonies, applications, settlement agreements etc.»
- 19.07.16Interlegal continues advising major international traders on export of agricultural products from Black Sea Region
- Interlegal notes a positive trend in case consideration by the Ukrainian commercial courts on ship arrest as maritime claim security. In view of the latest practice, the judges keep unanimous position in strict compliance with the current national legislation and the 1952 International Convention for the..»
- 31.05.16Interlegal at IBYS 2016
- 10.04.16Interim measures in the process of enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards in UkraineParticipation in international trade carries a number of risks, the main among which is to ensure the proper fulfillment by non-resident counterparties of their commitments.Often, to resolve the dispute and protect their legitimate interests the creditors have to apply to international commercial arbitration or foreign court. However...»
- History of the modern public international maritime law goes back to the 1st UN Conference on the Law of the Sea held on April 24 – 29, 1958, in Geneva. The new stage in development of international maritime law was the 3rd UN Conference on the Law of the Sea which resulted in adoption of the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea dd...»
- 19.10.15What a Foreign Buyer Should Know about Export of Goods from Ukraine - Customs Clearance not CompletedIt is well known that customs law creates a very specific legal regime that affects the status of persons and things belonging to them when such things are placed under customs control, but their clearance is not completed. Customs regulations objectively generate such a field, in which the rights of persons and the legal regime of things belonging to them, though habitual in domestic turnover, are largely changed...»
- “Selfless” actions of law enforcement bodies of Ukraine aimed to struggle for law compliance but eventually resulted in manifold gross violation of the law. Furthermore, such actions of law enforcement officers may serve as a reason for serious international investigations and conflicts. Let us review the occurred situation in details...»