Our law firm has been working since 1995.
For many years our specialization is Transport, Shipping and International trade. And we, Interlegal, know these businesses.
We render services in Ukraine, other countries of the Black Sea (Russia, Georgia, Moldova, Bulgaria, Turkey, etc.) and in Latvia, Cyprus, Spain, Italy, France, the United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands, Algeria, Tunisia, the United States, Poland etc.
We work with all participants of the transportation process: cargo owners, freight forwarders, charterers, ship owners, agents, ports, stevedoring and warehousing companies, terminals and shipping lines, P&I clubs and insurers, banks and others engaged in the maritime and commodity trade.
Our experts are the acknowledged leaders in the industry practice. The reputation is confirmed by the professional ratings: Best lawyers, Who is Who legal, Ukrainian Law firms: a handbook for foreign clients, etc.
Interlegal and our team experts are active members of international and national professional associations and public organizations.
We are recommended to each other!
- 21.02.17Charging the debt from the Buyer in relation to non-payment under CAD terms and under the issued Bill of ExchangeThe Client – foreign trader concluded commercial contract on grain product supply in containers under CFR terms, the Turkish port. The Parties agreed that the Seller shall pay for the goods not later than 3 days after receiving the arranged set of original documents by the Buyer’s Bank (cash against documents – CAD).»
- Four participants were engaged: Interlegal in Odessa, the Turkish broker, the Dominican Ship Register and the yacht owner agents in BVI. Despite the too short term fixed by the client, professional approach of Interlegal lawyers and vast experience in similar transactions facilitated quick and safe for both parties conclusion of the deal.»
- 16.02.17Interlegal Personal attorney service. On the guard of honor, dignity and business reputation of the Client
- 14.02.17Demurrage calculation under the Sale and Purchase Contract of agricultural products upon CIF termsAnalysis of relevant terms incorporated in sales contracts on agricultural product supply requires for special approach. Calculation correctness shall be assessed with regards to Charter Party provisions, terms of goods supply and actual amendments to agreement between the parties in the process of their performance.»
- 07.02.17Interlegal drafted a legal opinion upon some issues of cargo fumigation on board of the vessel
- 06.02.17The Seller received payment for goods in containers and reimbursed losses due to active work of Interlegal lawyers
- 21.12.16Open Doors Day at Interlegal
- 28.11.16How to turn an arbitral award into recovery of damages: experience of successful recognition of the arbitral award in GeorgiaOne of the most frequently asked questions by the Clients who intend to refer the case for consideration of arbitration is: how to convert the arbitral award into real money? Recognition and enforcement of arbitral award is indeed a quite a complicated mechanism involving application of both national and international law. Sometimes, differences in domestic legislation in the country, where the award is supposed to be enforced, and the governing law of the contract, in respect of which...»
- Having studied the Ukrainian court practice regarding ship arrest, we have detected issues of correction and legal gaps the judges faced during proceedings and proposed the possible ways of settlement. Procedure on ship arrest in Ukraine is governed by the Commercial Procedural Code of Ukraine, the Merchant Shipping Code of Ukraine and the 1952 International Convention for the unification of certain rules relating to the arrest of sea-going ships of 1952, which came in force for Ukraine...»
- 01.10.16Newsletter, July-September
- FIATA states that freight forwarding companies get involved in nearly 80 % of international transportations by all types of vehicles. The official concept of “freight forwarding and logistic services” adopted on 29.10.2004 jointly by FIATA (International Federation of Freight Forwarders Association) and CLECAT (European Association for Forwarding, Transport, Logistic and Customs Service) includes...»
- Resolution of maritime disputes by reference to international commercial arbitration is a typical situation in a modern globalized world. Under the reference in Clause 1 of Article 1 of the UNCITRAL Model Law on International Commercial Arbitration (1985), with amendments as adopted in 2006 (United Nations documents А/40/17, Annex I, and А/61/17, Annex I), the term commercial arbitration should be given a wide interpretation and covers maritime arbitration...»
- 01.08.16Cargo Shortage Fines – TurkeyWe set our advice regarding the Cargo shortage fines imposed by the Turkish Custom in respect of short delivery. When cargo is short-delivered, Custom will serve a notice to the local agent of the vessel declaring the commencement of the claim with regard to the shore figure scale and will request a proper explanation as to why there is a difference between a bill of lading figure and an outturn figure.»