Our law firm has been working since 1995.
For many years our specialization is Transport, Shipping and International trade. And we, Interlegal, know these businesses.
We render services in Ukraine, other countries of the Black Sea (Russia, Georgia, Moldova, Bulgaria, Turkey, etc.) and in Latvia, Cyprus, Spain, Italy, France, the United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands, Algeria, Tunisia, the United States, Poland etc.
We work with all participants of the transportation process: cargo owners, freight forwarders, charterers, ship owners, agents, ports, stevedoring and warehousing companies, terminals and shipping lines, P&I clubs and insurers, banks and others engaged in the maritime and commodity trade.
Our experts are the acknowledged leaders in the industry practice. The reputation is confirmed by the professional ratings: Best lawyers, Who is Who legal, Ukrainian Law firms: a handbook for foreign clients, etc.
Interlegal and our team experts are active members of international and national professional associations and public organizations.
We are recommended to each other!
- The foreign Shipowner applied to Interlegal due to the Charterer’s failure to pay the demurrage accrued according to the Charter-party and applicable standard proforma GENCON 1976. The demurrage arose under results of cargo loading at the Belgorod-Dnestrovski port (Ukraine) and discharge at one of the Gulf of Izmit ports (Turkey).»
- 22.12.16Interlegal experts defended the agricultural product exporter’s interests in the dispute with unfair counteragentThe large agricultural product exporter concluded with foreign buyer several contracts on pea supply in containers on CFR terms. During contract performance, discrepancies arose between the parties. They did not result in amicable settlement: the buyer submitted to the seller a consolidated claim with diversified demands on several shipments not related to each other.»
- 20.12.16Interlegal successfully defended at the appeal instance the court decision on the IAC at the UCCI Award recognition and enforcement
- The large metal product exporter and charterer requested Interlegal to draft the tailor-made bilingual voyage Charter Party based on the standard form COAL-OREVOY 2016 with consideration of geographical and climatic peculiarities of the loading port (one of the Baltic Sea ports), cargo peculiarities and charterer’s interests.»
- 21.12.16Open Doors Day at Interlegal
- 20.12.16GAFTA Christmas Party
- The Congress of food exporters Ukrainian Food 2016 was held on December 1-2, at the President Hotel, Kiev, and gathered nearly 340 participants, including the Ukrainian food producers, processers and exporters, logisticians, financial experts and representatives of state and public organizations from 26 countries.»
- 28.11.16How to turn an arbitral award into recovery of damages: experience of successful recognition of the arbitral award in GeorgiaOne of the most frequently asked questions by the Clients who intend to refer the case for consideration of arbitration is: how to convert the arbitral award into real money? Recognition and enforcement of arbitral award is indeed a quite a complicated mechanism involving application of both national and international law. Sometimes, differences in domestic legislation in the country, where the award is supposed to be enforced, and the governing law of the contract, in respect of which...»
- Having studied the Ukrainian court practice regarding ship arrest, we have detected issues of correction and legal gaps the judges faced during proceedings and proposed the possible ways of settlement. Procedure on ship arrest in Ukraine is governed by the Commercial Procedural Code of Ukraine, the Merchant Shipping Code of Ukraine and the 1952 International Convention for the unification of certain rules relating to the arrest of sea-going ships of 1952, which came in force for Ukraine...»
- 01.10.16Newsletter, July-September
- FIATA states that freight forwarding companies get involved in nearly 80 % of international transportations by all types of vehicles. The official concept of “freight forwarding and logistic services” adopted on 29.10.2004 jointly by FIATA (International Federation of Freight Forwarders Association) and CLECAT (European Association for Forwarding, Transport, Logistic and Customs Service) includes...»
- Resolution of maritime disputes by reference to international commercial arbitration is a typical situation in a modern globalized world. Under the reference in Clause 1 of Article 1 of the UNCITRAL Model Law on International Commercial Arbitration (1985), with amendments as adopted in 2006 (United Nations documents А/40/17, Annex I, and А/61/17, Annex I), the term commercial arbitration should be given a wide interpretation and covers maritime arbitration...»
- 01.08.16Cargo Shortage Fines – TurkeyWe set our advice regarding the Cargo shortage fines imposed by the Turkish Custom in respect of short delivery. When cargo is short-delivered, Custom will serve a notice to the local agent of the vessel declaring the commencement of the claim with regard to the shore figure scale and will request a proper explanation as to why there is a difference between a bill of lading figure and an outturn figure.»
- 10.04.16Interim measures in the process of enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards in UkraineParticipation in international trade carries a number of risks, the main among which is to ensure the proper fulfillment by non-resident counterparties of their commitments.Often, to resolve the dispute and protect their legitimate interests the creditors have to apply to international commercial arbitration or foreign court. However...»