Our law firm has been working since 1995.
For many years our specialization is Transport, Shipping and International trade. And we, Interlegal, know these businesses.
We render services in Ukraine, other countries of the Black Sea (Russia, Georgia, Moldova, Bulgaria, Turkey, etc.) and in Latvia, Cyprus, Spain, Italy, France, the United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands, Algeria, Tunisia, the United States, Poland etc.
We work with all participants of the transportation process: cargo owners, freight forwarders, charterers, ship owners, agents, ports, stevedoring and warehousing companies, terminals and shipping lines, P&I clubs and insurers, banks and others engaged in the maritime and commodity trade.
Our experts are the acknowledged leaders in the industry practice. The reputation is confirmed by the professional ratings: Best lawyers, Who is Who legal, Ukrainian Law firms: a handbook for foreign clients, etc.
Interlegal and our team experts are active members of international and national professional associations and public organizations.
We are recommended to each other!
- 17.04.17Legal support of drafting tender documentation regarding work performance in the sea port water area
- 12.04.17Fire on board of m/v MSC DanielaOn 04.04.2017, on the way from Singapore to Port Said, the fire occurred on board of container carrier m/v MSC Daniela. As of 10.04.2017, the fire has not been fought yet. For safety reason, the vessel anchored 4 nautical miles from the anchorage of Colombo (Sri Lanka). The crew abandoned the vessel. A few containers on board of the vessel are following Odessa.»
- Ice-breaking services are treated as special services rendered at the sea port and are governed by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 405 dd. 03.06.2013 “On approval of the List of special services rendered at the sea port by natural monopoly entities, governed at the state level”. The cost of ice-breaking services shall be calculated on the grounds of vessel’s capacity in cubic meters, as per the Order of the Ministry of Infrastructure No. 1059 dd. 26.12.2013 “On approval»
- We invite representatives of the grain and maritime businesses to become participants of one of the largest conference events - Grain & Maritime Days in Odessa 2017, which to be held in a new format on May 23-27. Extended format of the event will provide an opportunity to get the maximum level of information services at the same time and in the same place – in Odessa!»
- On March 30, 2017, Interlegal partner Artem Skorobogatov, senior lawyer Kirina Riashentseva and attorney Ellina Romanova participated in the National Maritime Rating of Ukraine 2016 award ceremony in Odessa, organized by “Ports of Ukraine” Publishing Office and “BlackSeaTrans” Information and Analytical Center.»
- Black Sea countries - Ukraine, Russia, Georgia, Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania and Moldova - have various rules governing ship arrest. Some of these countries (namely, post-Soviet ones) are similar by mentality and official approach, while others are very different in administration of law and court practice.»
- In 1989 London Maritime Arbitrators Association (LMAA) first introduced the Small Claim Procedure (SCP), construed for consideration of the small disputes, which deemed to be simplified, quick and more cost-effective than the procedure under general LMAA Terms. The SCP has been subject to several revisions and the latest version is in effect from 1 January 2012. Successful practical usage of SCP during 27 years has been followed by particular controversies as to its applicability.»
- 28.11.16How to turn an arbitral award into recovery of damages: experience of successful recognition of the arbitral award in GeorgiaOne of the most frequently asked questions by the Clients who intend to refer the case for consideration of arbitration is: how to convert the arbitral award into real money? Recognition and enforcement of arbitral award is indeed a quite a complicated mechanism involving application of both national and international law. Sometimes, differences in domestic legislation in the country, where the award is supposed to be enforced, and the governing law of the contract, in respect of which...»
- Having studied the Ukrainian court practice regarding ship arrest, we have detected issues of correction and legal gaps the judges faced during proceedings and proposed the possible ways of settlement. Procedure on ship arrest in Ukraine is governed by the Commercial Procedural Code of Ukraine, the Merchant Shipping Code of Ukraine and the 1952 International Convention for the unification of certain rules relating to the arrest of sea-going ships of 1952, which came in force for Ukraine...»
- 01.10.16Newsletter, July-September
- FIATA states that freight forwarding companies get involved in nearly 80 % of international transportations by all types of vehicles. The official concept of “freight forwarding and logistic services” adopted on 29.10.2004 jointly by FIATA (International Federation of Freight Forwarders Association) and CLECAT (European Association for Forwarding, Transport, Logistic and Customs Service) includes...»