- Preparation and analysis of sale-purchase contracts including on GAFTA and FOSFA proformas.
- Arrangement of clauses in sales contracts and charter parties for loss risk mitigation.
- Claims upon non-payment, shortage, quality, demurrage.
- Claims handling, washout agreements, settlement agreements.
- Trade finance.
- Pledge & mortgage.
- Letters of credit.
- International sanctions.
- Force Majeure and export ban.
CARGO AND TRANSPORT INSURANCE
- Consulting on insurance contracts and events.
- Negotiations with insurers of cargo and ship owners’ liability.
Thanks to unique combination of specializations, experience, contacts and geography Interlegal provides operative and effective assistance to trading companies both on contractual issues under sale-purchase contracts including GAFTA and FOSFA and on relationships with carriers, freight forwarders and port terminals.
Relationships with counteragents under sale-purchase contracts:
- Inspection of counteragents from the Black Sea Region, due diligence of companies and assets.
- Claims for non-payment, short delivery, quality.
- Lien, pledge, warranty, bank guarantees.
Relationships with carriers, freight forwarders and terminals:
- Agreements with Ukrainian entities engaged in transportation.
- Non-payment, short delivery, wrong cargo delivery, delay in delivery.
- Vessel/cargo arrest and release at the Black Sea Region ports.
- Maintenance of insurance cases in the Black Sea Region.
- Assistance in marine casualties in the Black Sea Region.
In case of disputes with parties engaged in transportation, Interlegal collects necessary evidence, holds negotiations on settlement of claims and represents, if necessary, interests of trading companies at courts and arbitrations of the Black Sea Region.
It should be noted that disputes arising due to foreign economic contract performance are also settled actively by the current arbitrations at national Chambers of Commerce and Industry. Interlegal practice shows positive trend and advantages of dispute settlement by such arbitration institutions as ICAC at the UCCI, MAC at the UCCI and MAC at the CCIRF.
Contractual clauses which should not be omitted29.10.18more
Amendments to GAFTA 48 & 49 standard forms04.10.18more
How to calculate foreign income tax correctly?04.06.18more
Turkish authorities impose complete ban on Crimea traffic16.03.18more
Container carriage risks in today maritime trade23.11.17more
Black Sea practice newsletter, April-June 201705.08.17more
Attachment of assets of non-residents during the enforcement of decisions and awards in Ukraine13.07.17more
Black Sea practice newsletter, October-December 201623.01.17more