The International Law Offices became the member of the IBA.
всего: 0 22.01.08
This year at the end of January 2008 the International Law Offices became the member of the International Bar Association.
The International Bar Association (IBA), established in 1947, is the world’s leading organisation of international legal practitioners, bar associations and law societies. The IBA influences the development of international law reform and shapes the future of the legal profession throughout the world. It has a membership of 30,000 individual lawyers and more than 195 bar associations and law societies spanning all continents. It has considerable expertise in providing assistance to the global legal community.
Grouped into two divisions – the Legal Practice Division and the Public and Professional Interest Division – the IBA covers all practice areas and professional interests, providing members with access to leading experts and up-to-date information. Through the various committees of the divisions, the IBA enables an interchange of information and views among its members as to laws, practices and professional responsibilities relating to the practice of business law around the globe. Additionally, the IBA’s high-quality publications and world-class conferences provide unrivalled professional development and network-building opportunities for international legal practitioners and professional associates.
Aims and Objectives
The principal aims and objectives of the IBA are:
- To promote an exchange of information between legal associations worldwide
- To support the independence of the judiciary and the right of lawyers to practise their profession without interference
- Support of human rights for lawyers worldwide through its Human Rights Institute
The IBA works towards these objectives through three main areas of activity:
- Services for individual lawyer members through its Divisions, Committees and Constituents
- Support for activities of Bar Associations and in particular, developing bars
- Support of human rights for lawyers worldwide