Costa Concordia: the last cruise
In January 2012, m/v Costa Concordia shipwrecked in the Mediterranean Sea off the coast of Giglio Island. At the moment of disaster, there were 3,216 passengers from 62 countries and 1,023 crew members on board, including 108 Russians and 45 Ukrainians among the passengers.
Interlegal led the case jointly with international offices engaged in full, such as associated offices in Italy (Batini Traverso & Associati) and the Russian Federation (Remedy Law Firm), which provided the necessary legal assistance to the Ukrainian citizens on site, aimed at damage recovery.
Four years after the tragedy, Interlegal lawyers completed successfully the second round of negotiations aimed at satisfying claims of seven Ukrainian citizens suffered during the shipwreck. Like in 2013, it resulted in pretrial claim settlement and damage recovery amounting in aggregate ca. 160,000 EUR.
- Recent updates in the “Safe Port” warranties treatment2020.07.30
The issue of the port and berth safety is among those which raise various disputes between the interested parties. As the reasons for declar...show more
- BIMCO PUBLISHES COVID-19 CREW CHANGE CLAUSE2020.06.25
Although travel restrictions are beginning to ease, there are still restrictions in many countries impacting on crew changes. The new clause...show more
- Ship arrest in Ukraine: new approaches2020.06.18
The concept of one shipowner – one vessel The concept of one shipowner – one vessel arose due to shipowners’ reasonable desire to secure...show more
- Collecting bunker debt - when urgency matters2020.04.07
Task The Client – large bunkering company making business in Black Sea Region – applied to Interlegal for debt recovery for bunker supply...show more
- Amendment of Ukrainian legislation relating to ballast waters inspection2019.09.17
Dear Interlegal clients, Please be informed that in the third quarter of the 2019 year significant changes of Ukrainian legisla...show more
- International Convention on Arrest of Ships Enters Into Force in Turkey2019.05.22
A presidential decree has been published in the official gazette on 03.05.2019 marking the date on which the 1999 Convention officially beca...show more
- LMAA arbitration notice clause2019.02.27
The LMAA has published a clause for use in arbitration agreements to facilitate effective notice by email (including for commencement of arb...show more
- We’ll go another way. Tailor-made Voyage Charter for large metal product exporter2017.01.11
Task First, the dispute arose between the Shipowner and the Charterer – large cargo owner, due to unclear freight payment clause in the F...show more
- General average shadows. How to refund costs: 13 years after the disaster.2018.01.11
Task In 2005, m/v “Norasia Taurus” owners declared on the general average due to container inflammation while the vessel wa...show more
- Costa Concordia: the last cruise2013.01.11
Task In January 2012, m/v Costa Concordia shipwrecked in the Mediterranean Sea off the coast of Giglio Island. At the moment of disas...show more