Wash out regarding export of agricultural products from Ukraine
In the light of volatility of the international agricultural market, the Ukrainian exporters and their foreign counteragents face more often failure of scheduled supplies caused by unfair actions committed by third persons – final consignees.
The client, one of large foreign traders in Ukraine, filed the relevant request to Interlegal. Aiming to settle amicably the issue of failure to supply goods, the parties decided to cancel their contractual relationship by mutual consent, i.e. by means of Wash out Agreement. The goods were planned to be supplied under FOB terms ports of Ukraine. Total contractual amount exceeded 2,000,000 US dollars.
Prompt application to Interlegal experts, operative drafting and signing of the appropriate agreement resulted in avoiding additional expenses. Wash out of the declared export deal provided repayment of the contract by the buyers, who failed to fulfill their obligations to accept the goods within the prescribed delivery period.
Wash out Agreement drafted by Interlegal stipulated terms of amicable settlement of the issue between the parties, special conditions for release from liability under the main contract as well as guarantees of performance of obligations to pay the agreed difference in goods’ price.
- Interlegal lawyers won the case in London2020.12.21
The Client – Ukrainian company engaged in design and engineering works for foreign firms – applied to Interlegal, due to non-payment by the...show more
- Procedural delay: it shan’t pass!2020.12.10
Interlegal lawyers again defended interests of their client - thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH under longstanding case proceedings upon r...show more
- Ship release in Belgium2020.12.14
The client – owner of the vessel detained by Port State Control at one of the Belgian Ports, applied to Interlegal for vessel release as soo...show more
- Case legal support: cargo loss due to accident2020.11.30
Interlegal lawyers succeeded in case settlement upon reimbursement of lose cargo value, due to accident. In the process of fertilizer car...show more
- Interlegal lawyers consulted the client upon legal effects of the Law No. 466 for its business2020.11.26
A regular client applied to Interlegal for legal advice upon legal effects due to entry into force of amendments to the Tax Code of Ukraine,...show more
- Interlegal lawyers applied to the State Regulatory Service of Ukraine for non-admission to adopt a Draft Order of the Ministry of Infrastructure2020.11.18
On 12.10.2020, a Draft Order of the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine “On Approval of the Procedure for Fixing a Prohibition to Operate...show more
- Shipowners may refund costs, paid unlawfully to USPA2020.11.05
Decision of the Antitrust Committee of Ukraine (case No. 910/1106/20) entered into legal force, and now shipowners are free to defend th...show more
- Winning a Lost Case: When Negotiations are Crucial2020.11.04
In fact, no one will give an obvious answer to the above question; however, the golden rule Strongest are Lucky has not been canceled. In...show more
- Interlegal law team settled the dispute upon demurrage at the port of discharge2020.11.04
Interlegal teem succeeded in pretrial settlement of the Buyer’s claim against the Seller upon demurrage at the port of discharge. The Cli...show more
- Interlegal lawyers provided legal support of yacht sale & purchase at 1.5 million EUR2020.10.29
Interlegal regular client filed a request for legal support of yacht (30 meters long) sale & purchase amounting to 1.5 million EUR. I...show more