Causal fact recognition by the court
A Client applied to Interlegal for legal assistance in the framework of Personal Attorney Service.
As found out in the process of inheritance, civil registry officers made an error in the entry on parents’ marriage in 1965, namely indicated incorrect date of testator’s (father’s) birth. Such circumstance eliminated the Client’s option to exercise its right to inheritance in a due manner.
Apart from error in the entry, several documents, serving as grounds for pretrial elimination of error, contained different dates of testator’s birth. Also testator’s birth certificate was lost, while birth entry was preserved in the vestry book only.
Interlegal lawyers analyzed documents and situation in whole, consulted the Client, drafted legal position and collected the required evidence, followed by applying to the court for determining causal fact.
The court supported lawyers’ arguments and satisfied the application. The court decision on amendments, additions or corrections to entries on civil registry shall serve as grounds for making the appropriate amendments as indicated in the court decision, granting an opportunity for the Client to exercise its right to inheritance in a due manner.
- Yacht Charter Parties 2020: what to stipulate in autumn?2020.08.06
In the framework of regular services for one of our Client’s commercial yachts, Interlegal supported conclusion of Charter Parties in autumn...show more
- Ship arrest preserved: the Debtor paid due amount2020.08.05
On March 24, 2020, we wrote that Interlegal lawyers arrested the vessel flying under foreign flag, in Kherson Sea Port water area, followed...show more
- Ship arrest as operating mechanism for debt recovery2020.08.10
The Client – large foreign bunkering company applied to Interlegal for debt recovery from the Shipowner for bunker supply. Interlegal law...show more
- Maritime claim as grounds for amicable settlement2020.08.04
The Client – large Ukrainian stevedoring company applied to Interlegal for reimbursement of damages caused by the vessel in the process of c...show more
- Interlegal expands its presence in the annual research Ukrainian Law Firms2020.07.29
Interlegal law firm expands its presence in the annual research Ukrainian Law Firms 2020. A Handbook for Foreign Clients. Apart...show more
- Interlegal team helped the Charterer to charge losses upon cargo shortage2020.07.29
The Charterer applied to Interlegal upon the trade contract, based on cargo shortage at the discharge port and the Buyer’s failure to pay co...show more
- Interlegal lawyers arrested the vessel in Turkey for debt recovery2020.07.23
This February, we wrote that Interlegal won LMAA arbitration case amounting to 460 thousand USD. In addition, our law team facilitated issui...show more
- Interlegal lawyers succeeded in legal support of recognizing arbitration award in Ukraine2020.07.21
Interlegal lawyers defended interests of the foreign food manufacturer in Ukraine and supported recognition of ICAC at the UCCI award, previ...show more
- VAT recovery: what should we do in case of tax service rejection?2020.07.01
The Client applied to Interlegal upon VAT recovery. In the process of tax inspection, control body issued the Act on rejection of VAT recove...show more
- Mediation: Interlegal lawyers settled the dispute under the Ship Repair Contract2020.06.25
The Client – foreign shipowner applied to Interlegal for dispute settlement due to its indebtedness under the Ship Repair Contract. COVID...show more