Debt recovery should not be postponed
The Client applied to Interlegal for charging accounts receivable in the framework of its contractual relations.
With reference to media information concerning suspension of court hearings, the Client emphasized its right to postpone filing a lawsuit on debt recovery. The Client supposed that such circumstance prolongs both the term for applying to the court and the limitation period.
Having studied all the case materials, Interlegal lawyers recommended the Client to file immediately to the court an appropriate lawsuit on debt recovery, since the courts are still operating in standard mode with regards to acceptance of correspondence (procedural documents).
Following official termination of the quarantine, the courts will continue operating in standard mode to the full extent, while it is highly probable that the Client’s failure to apply to the court within limitation period cannot be proved by the fact of the quarantine.
Interlegal lawyers also notified the Client that lately no amendments have been made to special legislation on procedural terms, in particular, in the framework of measures aimed at combatting COVID-19 disease.
The Client obtained prompt instructions and draft lawsuit submitted to the court within procedural terms.
- Interlegal lawyers consulted the client upon applying the instrument of agrarian receipts2020.05.20
The Client – large foreign investment fund filed a request to Interlegal regarding mechanisms upon securing fulfillment of the Debtor’s obli...show more
- Interlegal drafted new combined service agreement on cargo handling2020.05.18
The Client – large Ukrainian sea port operator engaged, in particular, in rendering services of export & import operations, as well as l...show more
- CFC or not CFC: that is the question2020.05.15
The Client applied to Interlegal for legal advice upon legal effects due to entry into force of the draft law No. 1210 “On amendme...show more
- Interlegal lawyers won GAFTA arbitration case in the amount of 200,000 USD2020.05.13
Interlegal succeeded in GAFTA arbitration settlement of the dispute, due to the Buyer’s failure to pay for wheat flour supplied on CFR terms...show more
- Interlegal lawyers consulted the Client and the Bank regarding application of thin capitalization rules2020.05.08
The client filed a request to Interlegal concerning bank issues. A foreign bank maintaining the Client’s corporate account demanded for expl...show more
- Unified social tax late payment: legal effects2020.04.21
The Client applied to Interlegal upon unified social tax erroneous remittance to the account of State Tax Inspection (STI) in the correspond...show more
- Business making under Ukrainian business environment2020.04.09
A foreign client applied to Interlegal for making business in Ukraine. Its request covered the following services: registration of the Ukrai...show more
- Changing the flag for the pleasure yacht2020.04.07
The client applied to Interlegal on changing the flag for the pleasure sailing yacht 30 meters long. The need to change the flag was caus...show more
- Interlegal lawyers charged losses due to vessel non-delivery for loading2020.04.07
Charterer under Voyage Charter Party applied to Interlegal on damage recovery from the Shipowner due to vessel non-delivery for loading....show more
- Reorganization of the foreign company’s representative office2020.04.01
A foreign Client – owner of the group of companies engaged in supply of grains and oilseeds in Black Sea Region – applied to Interlegal. In...show more