Interlegal defended the client’s interests under the special equipment manufacturing and supply contract
A company, our regular client, engaged in a large-scale construction project outside Ukraine applied to Interlegal upon defense of interests under the special equipment supply contract conducted for the purpose of construction works. Under the arranged work schedule, the contract provided strict terms of special equipment manufacturing and supply.
Equipment was not supplied within the prescribed terms. Having received the buyer’s claim on fulfillment of supply obligations, the supplier declared on winding-up the company.
Interlegal experts developed a complex plan and defended the Client’s interests in several ways. In the Client’s interests, the debtor was notified on recognition as a creditor and on forced recognition of claims.
The next stage of defense provided filing the claim on advance payment and accrued fine recovery.
The debtor denied its responsibility with reference to devaluation of the Ukrainian currency from the moment of making advance payment and till the moment of cost remittance, so the supplier was unable to purchase the required materials. The debtor misinterpreted the supply contract provisions and insisted on taking into account changes in the exchange rate in the process of payment for the goods. Since full payment has not been made within the agreed terms, there is no supply obligation.
At the dispute consideration, Interlegal proved insistence of the counteragent’s arguments and justification of the buyer’s claim.
Under the results of consideration, the court made a decision on full return of advance payment. Karina Gorovaya, Interlegal lawyer, worked upon the case.
- Maritime claim as grounds for amicable settlement2020.08.04
The Client – large Ukrainian stevedoring company applied to Interlegal for reimbursement of damages caused by the vessel in the process of c...show more
- Interlegal expands its presence in the annual research Ukrainian Law Firms2020.07.29
Interlegal law firm expands its presence in the annual research Ukrainian Law Firms 2020. A Handbook for Foreign Clients. Apart...show more
- Interlegal team helped the Charterer to charge losses upon cargo shortage2020.07.29
The Charterer applied to Interlegal upon the trade contract, based on cargo shortage at the discharge port and the Buyer’s failure to pay co...show more
- Interlegal lawyers arrested the vessel in Turkey for debt recovery2020.07.23
This February, we wrote that Interlegal won LMAA arbitration case amounting to 460 thousand USD. In addition, our law team facilitated issui...show more
- Interlegal lawyers succeeded in legal support of recognizing arbitration award in Ukraine2020.07.21
Interlegal lawyers defended interests of the foreign food manufacturer in Ukraine and supported recognition of ICAC at the UCCI award, previ...show more
- VAT recovery: what should we do in case of tax service rejection?2020.07.01
The Client applied to Interlegal upon VAT recovery. In the process of tax inspection, control body issued the Act on rejection of VAT recove...show more
- Mediation: Interlegal lawyers settled the dispute under the Ship Repair Contract2020.06.25
The Client – foreign shipowner applied to Interlegal for dispute settlement due to its indebtedness under the Ship Repair Contract. COVID...show more
- Interlegal yachting lawyers supported insurance event upon recovery of 60,000 EUR2020.06.25
Interlegal regular client declared on insurance event concerning tender insured by our partners – Marine Services Group at one of the larges...show more
- Interlegal facilitated defense of freight forwarder’s interests against container line2020.06.22
Freight forwarder applied to Interlegal due to cargo damage that occurred during carriage by sea. Freight forwarder, on behalf of its cli...show more
- Interlegal settled the dispute upon non-payment for the goods by large Chinese importer2020.06.18
Interlegal succeeded in pretrial dispute settlement. The Client, engaged in pine timber export to China, applied for defense of its rights a...show more