Informa Event in Turkey
The 4th annual Med Freight Conference - examining the challenges, opportunities & prospects for the Mediterranean
was held in Istanbul, Turkey on 2 - 3 November 2011
Organizers: Informa Maritime Events and Lloyds List.
Senior lawyer Natalia Myroshnychenko took part in the conference as a panelist speaker in the section ‘How can ocean freight agreements be negotiated more effectively?’
The main focus of the discussion during the panel was on new and the most effective ways and methods of negotiating and concluding the freight agreement. The participants talked over the general freight contract and its effectiveness, on the one hand, and if the booking procedure is enough in every day business, on the other hand. The discussion was brought to a conclusion that in the modern container business the Bill of Lading is not enough for the effective solutions and settlements of disputes. New procedures should be elaborated by the container lines to avoid problems in relationships of the parties to the container carriage.
The 4th annual Med Freight Conference once again brought together leading Container lines.
Container Black Sea and Eastern Mediterranean – future growth and opportunities
Special focus on the Eastern Mediterranean and Black Sea region, industry experts discussed:
The best route into Central and Eastern Europe. Why is inland infrastructure so important??
nSupply and demand changes in the Med. Analyze the global and regional cargo flows for the Med in 2011 and expected changes in 2012/2013
Industry panel sessions addressing some of the main challenges faced by the Med freight professionals:
How can ocean freight agreements be negotiated more effectively?
Informa maritime events organize market leading international shipping, maritime and transport conferences supported by Lloyd’s List and Containerization International.
- Interlegal lawyers represent successfully the Client’s interests upon bankruptcy case proceedings2020.10.15
Interlegal Client found out that its Debtor initiated independently bankruptcy case proceedings. Interlegal lawyers got involved upon expiry...show more
- Mission possible: to release vessel with cargo on board within 3 days2020.10.06
In high-peak trading season, each trader is focused on fulfilling its obligations as the counteragent, having completely forgotten that the...show more
- Lawfulness of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone2020.10.01
The Client filed a request to Interlegal concerning law regulations of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone. Interlegal law team...show more
- Shareholder Agreement for new business setup2020.09.30
The Client filed a request to Interlegal for legal support in business setup jointly with his new partner. Main task for Interlegal team...show more
- Debt recovery under LMAA award. Act III: final stage2020.09.28
We are glad to inform that Interlegal team has completed proceedings on debt recovery from the vessel owner who failed to refund to our Clie...show more
- Interlegal team won GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for goods by the Swiss company2020.09.28
Interlegal completed successfully GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for corn supplied on DAP terms, Chernomorsk S...show more
- Interlegal lawyers succeeded in dispute settlement between the Shipowner and the Charterer2020.09.03
The Client applied to Interlegal upon the issue of shipowner’s potential bringing to responsibility for non-performance of the Charter Party...show more
- Interlegal won the court dispute against large state-owned stevedore2020.09.08
The Client – port operator – applied to Interlegal for due diligence of one of state-owned stevedores. Such due dil...show more
- Discharge of cargo residues and washwater: instruments of legal defense for Interlegal client2020.09.04
Since the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority” (USPA), jointly with other governmental bodies (such as the State Borde...show more
- Interlegal defended interests of “thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH” in Court of Appeal of Donetsk2020.09.03
Recently, in Court of Appeal of Donetsk there was a hearing of a case concerning an appeal against the ruling of Kramatorsk Town Court of Do...show more