Interlegal appealed against unlawful actions of pretrial investigation bodies
Interlegal client had a question concerning lawfulness of actions committed by officers of the Ukrainian company which ordered bunker supply on board of the vessel and undertook to pay for supply services.
After performance of the agreement by the Client, the Ukrainian company, without explaining the reasons, refused to pay for bunker supply. The Client believes that actions of the resident company’s officers contained the elements of criminal offense which resulted in causing damage in especially large amount; therefore the Client filed the relevant application to the law enforcement bodies.
But pretrial investigation bodies rejected registration of criminal proceedings on the grounds that the commercial dispute arose between the Client and the Ukrainian company.
Interlegal experts filed a claim to the court against omission of law enforcement officers. Arguments upon the elements of criminal offense in actions committed by the resident company’s officers were accepted and the court forced the pretrial investigation bodies to register criminal proceedings.
Interlegal lawyer, attorney Vitalii Tolstik led the case.
- Interlegal lawyers recognized the German court decision at Darnitskiy District Court in Kiev2020.01.15
A foreign transport company filed a request to Interlegal on recognition of the German court decision in their favour. The Debtor – Ukrai...show more
- Interlegal Ukrainian and Romanian offices completed successfully the2019.12.18
Previously, the Client – leading insurance company specialized in risk insurance during cargo transportation applied to Interlegal for damag...show more
- Interlegal lawyers consulted the client upon income taxation2019.12.17
The client applied to Interlegal upon explaining procedure of taxation on income received by non-resident under the Agreement on arranging t...show more
- Interlegal, jointly with Georgian office, drafted legal opinion upon lawfulness of customs office actions2019.11.29
The Client, Georgian freight forwarder, applied to Interlegal upon analyzing lawfulness of customs office and customs warehouse actions aime...show more
- Interlegal lawyers drafted for the Client agreement on yacht charter management2019.11.28
A client filed a request to Interlegal upon documentation required for yacht chartering. The Client planned to conclude agreement on yacht c...show more
- Interlegal lawyers defended interests of German transport companies in three court proceedings simultaneously2019.11.13
Interlegal lawyers applied to Kozelets District Court in Chernigov Region on recognizing several German court decisions on damage and intere...show more
- Interlegal consulted IT-company upon specifications for applying NDA in Ukraine2019.11.06
A foreign company engaged in AI, Big Data, IoT, software installation and maintenance, applied to Interlegal. The company planned to expand...show more
- Interlegal lawyers won the LCIA Arbitration case amounting to 660 thousand USD2019.11.06
The Ukrainian grain supplier engaged in large-scale international business applied to Interlegal for debt recovery from the Buyer (British C...show more
- Interlegal acted as creditor’s legal adviser in the dispute against PJSC “Ukrzaliznytsia”2019.10.31
Interlegal lawyers facilitated evidence base aimed to confirm the large transport and forwarding company’s claims against PJSC “Ukrzaliznyts...show more
- Interlegal won one more case in favour of thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH2019.10.28
Interlegal applied to Kramatorsk City Court in Donetsk Region on recognizing ICAC at the UCCI Award on debt recovery from the Ukrainian comp...show more